1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" by Eduard - 3D renders - release in 2025 ?

Homebee

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/308021-eduard-mig-21f-mig-21-uusum-in-48th-scale/&do=findComment&comment=2957764

(...) Actually part of your question was answered yesterday by Mr. Sulc. The upscale of the MiG-15 to 48th is also in the plans. So this could be a good news for you. Actually he has been saying this for years" (...)

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Tamiya shivers! Even though their Mig 15 hasn't been seen for a while.

More like Trumpeter shivers; their kit is currently the most accurate. Tamiya got the wing sweep wrong on theirs, although it is otherwise a nice kit to build.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

More like Trumpeter shivers; their kit is currently the most accurate. Tamiya got the wing sweep wrong on theirs, although it is otherwise a nice kit to build.

Also the sweep on the fin and tail planes is off on the Tamiya kit.

• Like 1

This is excellent news!  I will certainly buy one as I am missing one for my collection.  The Trumpy one is hard to find (even if incorrect) at reasonable prices but I might still pop for their trainer which I can get.  But will wait for the Eduard single seat as I am sure they will do a nice job.

50 minutes ago, Harold55 said:

This is excellent news!  I will certainly buy one as I am missing one for my collection.  The Trumpy one is hard to find (even if incorrect) at reasonable prices but I might still pop for their trainer which I can get.  But will wait for the Eduard single seat as I am sure they will do a nice job.

I would wait for Eduard as they are bound to do a UTI like they do in 1/72nd, if you can wait that is as it's probably going to be quite a way off.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

I would wait for Eduard as they are bound to do a UTI like they do in 1/72nd, if you can wait that is as it's probably going to be quite a way off.

Given the size of my stash waiting will not be a problem.  And I think you are right, they will most likely do a series which will include the UTI.  Good advice, I will wait a while and see what happens with this.  And I like Eduard, they do nice work so I think it will be worth the wait.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I can hear Manuel saying "eventchually". 

Currently have the 1/32 Trumpeter MiG-15 and JJ/FT-5 to kitbash into a -15UTI, and have already had the decals done for a Finnish example, but would love an OOB 1/48 Eduard version. 

Tony

Its 8 years since first announcement in 2014 about MiG-15 family in 48th scale, good thing is that we are back to three/four totally new toolings from Eduard yearly( Zero, Wildcat, S 199 anf 21F-13), there are plenty of announced subjects that are in the pipeline

Me 262, Mosquito, Hurricane, F4U etc..etc..

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" by Eduard - release in 2023 ?
10 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Its 8 years since first announcement in 2014 about MiG-15 family in 48th scale, good thing is that we are back to three/four totally new toolings from Eduard yearly( Zero, Wildcat, S 199 anf 21F-13), there are plenty of announced subjects that are in the pipeline

Me 262, Mosquito, Hurricane, F4U etc..etc..

Notice though that aside from continuing the MiG-21 family, all the new-tool Eduard kits are WW2 era or earlier, aside from the occasional Czech type. Eduard seems to be leaving the jet era to others, at least in terms of what they are molding themselves.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" by Eduard - release in 2023 ?
  • 9 months later...

Source: https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2022/info-eduard-2022-10-special-eng.pdf

See p.31

(...)On scaling up or scaling down existing kits

This is more complicated than most modelers realize. For example, we have the S-199 ready in terms of both design and technology and I was promised that we will have this ready in time for the next E-day. In reality, it was first prepared as a 1:48th scale kit and was subsequently done in 72nd, which for various reasons, we were able to release first. But we do have one 1:48th scale kit that will come out of a 1:72nd kit of our’s, and that will be the MiG-15. (...)

V.P.

• Like 1

I can understand comparing the 199 kits as they were produced basically at the same time but I would have thought a new 1/48th scale MiG-15 would be very different to their 1/72nd scale kit since they have move on quite a bit since then. 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" by Eduard - still in project
6 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I can understand comparing the 199 kits as they were produced basically at the same time but I would have thought a new 1/48th scale MiG-15 would be very different to their 1/72nd scale kit since they have move on quite a bit since then. 

To be honest it's hard to say how different it will be. Their model in 1/72 is very good, although of course I can complain that they didn't take into account one of the Polish modifications as well :D

Maybe there will be full riveting? Maybe some of the details available in 1/72 as resin additions, in 1/48 will be plastic? In any case, there will be a bit of a wait for this model, but in all probability it can be assumed that this will be the best MiG-15 family in 1/48.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Becoming more serious. 2025 ?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/pfbid07ZeM4mhpHwf5XWn7CsxUt925FiX3jzcwi5iqd4g3vTZ58hpNiAHmxqfpRLca9KFvl

(...) Vladimír Šulc and Jan Bobek in their presentation and subsequent discussion presented in detail Eduard's new products for December 2023 and January 2023 and introduced the guests to some of the projects in the pipeline for 2024 and 2025.(...)

15.png

1.jpg

408166513-884118660175570-79749302110638

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" by Eduard - in 2025 ?
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 "Fagot" by Eduard - 3D render - release in 2025 ?
22 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

We'll see in 2024-01 Eduard Info issue. But I think this is rather set for 2026 or even 2027. There is P-40 for 2024, P-51s are in the pipeline, Hurricanes too. Plus minor items like one of two MiG-21s and so on.

man-vegetables!

I'll be a pensioner by the time they get to the 19 then....🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

man-vegetables!

I'll be a pensioner by the time they get to the 19 then....🤣🤣🤣

Consider yourself lucky.....I'll probably be dead, I'm a pensioner already! 🙂

And there's Ju 87...

I wonder if they plan to release something completely new in 1/72...V.Š. was supposed to tell about it during E-Day but decided not to. We'll see in January, although I don't have any expectations about it.

• 5 months later...