1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21F-13 "Fishbed-C" & MiG-21U/US/UM "Mongol-B" by Eduard - MiG-21F-13 3D renders+sprues lay out - release in Autumn 2024

Homebee

Yes, he (ya-gabor) wrote almost the same thing here:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_78141.html

3 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

So, maybe we can hope for 1/72 MiG-21 twin seater. :) 

You can hope for anything, a question in time.

According to optimistic forecasts, 48th will appear in two years ..... this is most likely a MiG-21F-13 will be.  After how many two seat will appear?  In three to five years?  And when will be 72nd?  8-10 years old?  Can you predict what will happen in 10 years?

In the meantime, while Eduard is going to do in the 72th two-seater MiG-21, they can easily be made by Modelsvit or "TrumpoBoss".

B.R.

Serge

Really need a new MiG-21 series in 1/32 scale, in roughly the same sequence as Eduard have released their smaller scale offerings. However, the vista 2021 Eduard 1/48 F-13 and UM types will be super, if its PF and MF are anything to go by.

A minor rudder discrepancy aside, there is no doubt that the 1/48 Trumpeter F-13 is superior to its 1/32 offering, especially in its treatment of the inner windshield and gunsight arrangement, but I sincerely hope that Eduard do something far more convincing with the F-13 and UM bifurcated inlet. 

It's a pity the Su-15TM Flagon didn't see Czech service, as a decent representation of those is long overdue. GWH maybe? I heard rumours of suitable "intel" being passed to the Chinese model makers. 

Tony 

On 4/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Aardvark said:

48th will appear in two years ..... this is most likely a MiG-21F-13 will be.  After how many two seat will appear?  In three to five years?

Oh for Gods sake! I'm not going to live forever! :clif:

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21F "Fishbed-C" & MiG-21U/US/UM "Mongol-B" by Eduard ?
  • 1 year later...

A dream is coming true. To me the MiG-21F-13 is the most iconic version of the type. Expected late 2022 (November ?)

:yahoo::clap2::yahoo::clap2:

Source: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&sid=7fbc26114276ef618edb382b1be0d572&start=14790#p2463942

Thank you M Šulc 

3D renders from a Czechoslovak Aero Vodochody built version of the MiG-21F-13 or Type 74

Mi-G21-f13-11.jpg

Mi-G21-f13-07.jpg

Mi-G21-f13-03.jpg

Mi-G21-f13-02.jpg

Mi-G21-f13-01.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21F "Fishbed-C" & MiG-21U/US/UM "Mongol-B" by Eduard - MiG-21F 3D renders - release late 2022
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21F "Fishbed-C" & MiG-21U/US/UM "Mongol-B" by Eduard - MiG-21F-13 3D renders - release late 2022
14 hours ago, drake122 said:

This will probably only include czech-made airframe markings. I think the original Russian production ones had different canopy frames/windows and possibly other changes, but I am no expert...

I'd be very surprised if they don't produce kits of both. I'm definitely not an expert either but I don't believe the differences are huge, certainly no more so than the differences between the SMT/MF/bis/PFM which Eduard sold as variations of the same tooling.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, drake122 said:

I think the original Russian production ones had different canopy frames/windows and possibly other changes, but I am no expert...

Nor am I. However the only difference I can think of is really just the replacement of the transparent windows behind pilot's seat with metal panels. I see no reason why would Eduard produce just the Czechoslovak version, thus significantly decreasing their sales.

I asked Eduard today about progress on their 1/72 U/US/UM and was told there is none :(. I mentioned the 1/48 plan mentioned in this thread and was told "No, we do not have those in 1/48 either." All very confusing!!!

Martin

Avery good news indeed !

Looking back at the past years, it's obvious that Eduard's designers have already think of several versions for

this Mig-21 F-13, with a smart pre planned evolution of the sprues.

Here is the list of the operating countries of this first generation of the "Sixties" of the Mig-21, enough to give

us some very good ideas of the re-boxing potential for Eduard.

- Afghanistan ;

- Albania (Chengdu F-7A) ;

- Algeria ;

- Bulgaria ;

- China ;

- Czechoslovakia ;

- East Germany ;

- Egypt ;

- Finland ;

- Hungary ;

- Indonesia ;

- Iraq ;

- Israel (ex-Iraq test plane) ;

- North Korea ;

- North Vietnam ;

- Poland ;

- Romania ;

- Syria ;

- Soviet Union / USSR ;

- USA (ex-Israel & ex-Algeria test planes) ;

- North Vietnam ;

- Yugoslavia ;

Personally, I am already thinking of a Eduard 1/48 scale Mig-21 F-13 box called ‘’1967 Six Day Warriors’’ with

markings for Algeria, Egypt, Irak and Syria !

🙂 SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Lex77 said:

Am I correct in thinking the Chinese version of the MiG-21 F-13 is the Chengdu F-7?

Saw some Albanian ones and would love to build one of those!

The Albanians look great indeed. Some 12? were delivered I think.

And yes, the F-7A is more or less a F-13.  China used this version to further develop it and still? is exporting them with a double delta wing but basically same fuselage! with as FG, etc..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

The Albanians look great indeed. Some 12? were delivered I think.

And yes, the F-7A is more or less a F-13.  China used this version to further develop it and still? is exporting them with a double delta wing but basically same fuselage! with as FG, etc..

Yes, 12 were delivered (saw 10 of them).

Thanks, one for the wishlist!

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21F-13 "Fishbed-C" & MiG-21U/US/UM "Mongol-B" by Eduard - MiG-21F-13 3D renders - release Winter 2023