This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
JohnT

Heller Revived from the Dead

Now, if only they'd get around to releasing the 1/24 Renault Estafette

I was very fond of the the Heller range. Good choice of subjects, some of which, to my knowledge, have never been duplicated (in 1/72 anyway) by any other mainstream I M company. Nord, Noratlas, CL-215/415, DC-6, Lockheed Constellation, to name but a few. 

I think they were also first with two seat version of the F-104, Saab Draken, Saab Viggen Jaguar and, Mirage F1?.All pretty decent kits though, the decals were generally awful!

Allan

On 6/19/2019 at 8:43 AM, tempestfan said:

they state they want to be gallocentric in the future again, and France never used the A-4.

Playing devil’s advocate, but didn’t Singapore base some of its aircraft there?!

Trevor

23 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

I was very fond of the the Heller range. Good choice of subjects, some of which, to my knowledge, have never been duplicated (in 1/72 anyway) by any other mainstream I M company. Nord, Noratlas, CL-215/415, DC-6, Lockheed Constellation, to name but a few. 

(…)

Allan

Agree on that! What I like most about the good old Heller range, are their 1:48 (-ish) helicopter kits! The '70s boxes with the painted machine on the front still give way to loads of melancholy..!

A few misses like the Alouette III and the Frelon, but beside those: nice kits of the SA360/ 365, Gazelle, the Alouette II (previous Lama) and AS350 Ecureuil. Not too many details, but perfect to add your own ideas.

I had Always hoped Heller would release more of those…

Well, I can Always hope, can't I?!

4 minutes ago, GeejeeZ said:

Agree on that! What I like most about the good old Heller range, are their 1:48 (-ish) helicopter kits! The '70s boxes with the painted machine on the front still give way to loads of melancholy..!

A few misses like the Alouette III and the Frelon, but beside those: nice kits of the SA360/ 365, Gazelle, the Alouette II (previous Lama) and AS350 Ecureuil. Not too many details, but perfect to add your own ideas.

I had Always hoped Heller would release more of those…

Well, I can Always hope, can't I?!

I didn't mind the lack of fine detail. A modicum of imagination plus some plastic sheet,rod and strip took care of that! 

My only real issues were the poor quality decals (easily replaced) and, the almost total lack of ordnance provided for the combat types

Allan