Revell 1/72 Haunebu II - A Wee Experiment

Hi There,

Right Forum this time.....

This has been built as a surprise present for Innis when he comes back from his holiday. I picked it up from those wonderful people at Creative Models when they had it as one of their special weekly offers.

I wanted to try using the AK Extreme Metals and Gauzy Intermediate to see how they looked together.

The paints used were Ultimate Primer, Vallejo Model Air and Extreme Metals Aluminium and Polished Aluminium.

I was trying to do this as quickly as possible between Innis going away and work. I realise now that I need to get the primer absolutely flat and perfect for the NMF so there are some lumps and bumps. I also think that I need to use my H&S with the 0.2 needle to coat the Intermediate Agent as the Sparmax Max 3 laid it down a little thick and caused numerous pools and runs. Well I caused it but the H&s will give me more control I think. still had a blast doing it and am looking forward to giving it to the wee fella on his return tomorrow just before we leave for Perth and the Scottish Nationals, my first time there and really looking forward to it. Hope to see some of you.

Oh Yes, really must try to remember to blow the dust away before clear coating after putting the transfers on. The transfers look silvered in the photos but it really doesn't show on the kit.

On with the pictures

SU8BAhy.jpg

3sNKlt9.jpg

DfKW8pE.jpg

IIRYO6e.jpg

UQNPHaj.jpg

KZXncEi.jpg

Many Thanks for looking and any advice/criticism gratefully received

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 20

Looking good. Have you ever seen the movie that relates to this. I think it was called 'Iron Sky' or something like that. I knew the lady who did the makeup for it.

It is a bit of fun and really over the top. It's about the Nazis having a base on the moon.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Looking good. Have you ever seen the movie that relates to this. I think it was called 'Iron Sky' or something like that. I knew the lady who did the makeup for it.

It is a bit of fun and really over the top. It's about the Nazis having a base on the moon.

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind comment.

I have watched Iron Sky numerous times. It's a fantasically good terrible film. So enjoyable.

Cheers,

Alistair

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys!

I was thinking about replicating the Repulsor Drive of the Squadron Models and the Revell Haunebu in clear resin to allow LED lighting from the bottom. Has anybody here ever tried this?

The Revell Version will most likely be a bit more challenging due to the small diameter of the Generator.

• Like 1