Boeing 720 'Led Zeppelin' (Caesars Chariot)

Finished at last, just in time for the Milton Keynes Modelkraft show at the weekend, so will take it there for display on the club stand. Been wanting to have a completed model of this aircraft for a long time, pleased that I have now eventually finished it.

In Progress build link is below, highlighting the modifications, paintwork, scratchbuilding, home-made decals, my own resin engines etc etc:

Of course, the model was carefully assembled with a "Whole Lotta Love" ....  (sorry, I know, I just had to say it ...... :guitar:  :yahoo: ). 

47703811601_12b36f3344_b.jpg

33826440978_48466398f8_b.jpg

47703811431_1b01a205ac_b.jpg

47703811391_585487cf79_b.jpg

32760564307_157b6239e4_b.jpg

33826440908_157b6239e4_b.jpg

47703811261_f2ae634d70_b.jpg

40737394143_f2ae634d70_b.jpg

B)

• Like 48
  • Thanks 2

I've been dazed and confused, on how great this beautiful bird looks. Fabulous build of a wonderful ironic aircraft, but I'm not going to Ramble on about that as it's time I was on my way. Love this one cheers. 😎  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Neil,

This is a superb piece of airliner modelling, I love it! 

Your attention to detail with the homemade decals, scratchbuilt engines, complex masking and painting of the cheatline and very well done subtle weathering all come together in one of the best 720's I've ever seen.

I really hope this isn't your last airliner!

Cheers,

Ian

That is absolutely superb Neil and I echo Ian's hope that we'll see more airliners from you. I was never a Led Zeppelin fan (I always tended more towards Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake etc) but Caesar's Chariot is a great subject for modelling and you've certainly done it justice.

The WIP thread is also a masterclass in how to do it - everything from casting resin engines to weathering and all points in between!

Fantastic work well deserving of a round of :clap2:

Dave G

Not an airliner modeller but this is a beautiful piece of work. Lovely WIP too with some interesting stuff. 

All you need now is Starship One in Deep Purple colours to make a really nice pair.

Cheers

Malcolm

7 hours ago, Neil said:

Of course, the model was carefully assembled with a "Whole Lotta Love" ....  

As long as you weren't dazed and confused ........

An absolute stunner Neil.  I've enjoyed the progress thread as well.

Ian and Dave have more or less said what I was thinking about this model and the hope for more airliners from your bench.

All the best.

Chris.

Oh, I like that very much Neil.

Are those the kit's JT3Cs? I've read, possibly on this Forum, that they are oversized. Those ones look good to me.

Lovely job,

Matt

Turbofan said "Your attention to detail with the homemade decals, scratchbuilt engines, complex masking and painting of the cheatline and very well done subtle weathering all come together in one of the best 720's I've ever seen.

I really hope this isn't your last airliner" I say "ditto"

Skodadriver said "The WIP thread is a masterclass in how to do it - everything from casting resin engines to weathering and all points in between!

Fantastic work well deserving of a round of :clap2:"

Corsairfoxfouruncle said ":worthy: ... BEAUTIFUL ! "

Stringbag said "An absolute stunner Neil. I've enjoyed the progress thread as well.

Ian and Dave have more or less said what I was thinking about this model and the hope for more airliners from your bench."

And I couldn't agree more! My gob is smacked and my  :gobsmacked: well and truly. 

Edited by Abandoned Project

Excuse me if I Ramble On....

That is one fabulous looking machine, and they are one fabulous, brilliant band. Mr Plant in all his incarnations is always top value

SD

On 4/26/2019 at 12:50 PM, AliGauld said:

a day for celebration.

(Celebration Day)

On 4/26/2019 at 12:55 PM, picard said:

I've been dazed and confused

Ramble on .... as it's time I was on my way. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:30 PM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

stairway to heaven

20 hours ago, Whofan said:

dazed and confused ........

16 hours ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

Mothership

Kashmir 

9 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

Excuse me if I Ramble On....

We may have a recurring theme here ...... :D  :guitar:

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. Have to say that I really did enjoy making this one, as I mentioned before this kit has been on the back-burner for ages now, and very pleased to have finished it. In a round-about kind of way my hand was sort of forced (....ish) into building it actually, I have been off work for a few weeks with an issue with my left leg and foot, and really got stuck into this one to avoid the boredom and tedious nature of not being very mobile. Believe me, the LAST thing I wanted to do was watch daytime TV as a recreational persuit, because of the enforced lay-up, and not being able to do a great deal else.

This made quite a refreshing change from the usual military aircraft subjects I normally build. After this non-military subject, I have another which I would quite like to build now too, which in truth has been in the back of my mind for alot longer that this '720 has actually, it is a civilian subject but not a jet airliner ....    ;)

B)

• Like 2

Bravo Neil!! Well done! She is absolutely beautiful. Thank you, too, for the WIP thread; I agree that it was a master class that is very much appreciated. And really fine for your first airliner on these forums. really hope we can all see more...you've done quite well. :penguin::clap:

• Like 1

They talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed...….

and it's brilliant , well done. Great job .

Spot the song !

1 hour ago, Neil said:

We may have a recurring theme here ...... :D  :guitar:

He,he, you may well be quite right and your very welcome Neil, and thank you for giving no quarter, at all (last one I promise! 😐 he,he.) on producing your fabulous build and giving us all a superb masterclass, sir as well as great memories of great days long past, she has a real presence, looking at the stunning pic's. (opp's and doh!🙄). Cheers again.