Is Future incompatible with a hot water bath?

Richard502

Building a Dragon Ju88G it turned out the rear canopy (bathed in the local equivalent to Future (= Glaenzer) many moons ago) was 1,5mm narrower than the cockpit sill. So I had the bright idea to bend the canopy into shape after a bath in hot water. The bending part worked reasonably well, but the canopy fogged up on 50% of its surface. The whitish film could not be removed. Is this the Future failing, or are transparent parts per se not meant to have a hot bath?

TIA, Richard

Morning Richard,

if you can get hold of some household ammonia (chemist or builders merchants) that would be safer than IPA. Can't say what's caused it but may well be the bath.

• Like 1

Normal household glass cleaner that contains ammonia will get the Future off the clear part. Just let it soak in a bath of the glass cleaner for a bit.

Chris

Ahh, slight problem Chris @dogsbody, most / all products in Europe have actually had the chemicals that do the work removed, as they may damage someone's health/diet/looks :zombie: !

I just want to know why the other 65% of land mass are deamed perfectly capable of looking after themselves, without nanny looking over their collective shoulders.......

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to see if I can put an edge on these plastic knives, getting a little fed up with the baby formula, it gets everywhere:christmas:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Its not the 'klear' type stuff. That is after all meant as a floor polish [varnish], to be cleaned with hot water.

Its the plastic of the canopy. Clear plastic is not meant to be altered by hot water.

. . . and 'klear' will remove itself; just soak in a fresh amount and the old stuff will soften. time depends on how long the old stuff has been on