1/48th - Douglas A2D Skyshark by Clearprop Models - Released

Tbolt

Wow! I had never even heard of this company till today. Are these (hopefully) conventional I M kits ? That TU-143 looks nice! I can already see that Skyshark in R N and S E Asia USAF schemes!!😀

Allan 

Edited by Albeback52

3 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Wow! I had never even heard of this company till today. Are these (hopefully) conventional I M kits ? That TU-143 looks nice! I can already see that Skyshark in R N and S E Asia USAF schemes!!😀

Allan 

Yes they are and they also usually include PE and canopy masks. Their E28 looks great and the Ki-51 looks very impressive but this Skyshark seems to be their first 1/48th kit so it will be interesting how much detail it has.

7 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Yes they are and they also usually include PE and canopy masks. Their E28 looks great but and the Ki-51 looks very impressive but this Skyshark seems to be their first 1/48th kit so it will be interesting how much detail it has.

Excellent! Thank you for the info. Definitely one to look out for. I must admit that the E28/39 is tempting. The price is very reasonable I think for what you get. I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for this one. I remember tackling the Rareplanes vac form  1/72 A2D-1 many years ago. As a rule, I tend to avoid vac forms unless I have no alternative but, Rareplanes were among the best in the business and it actually built up very well. Aided considerably by the inclusion of cast metal prop blades and undercarriage!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

On 27/04/2019 at 03:56, VMA131Marine said:

Definitely have to get an A2D; I never was able to acquire the Dynavector kit and I'm not brave enough to tackle the Mach 2 kit in 1/72.

I once bought a box of badly started vac forms for chips which included the Dynavector Hornet and the Skyshark. I even managed to get a replacement decal sheet and some years after a complete kit for less than half the original price (so one Prototype and on SEA Whif with Sharkmouth was my plan). But as usual time is the problem... As nice as the Dynavector kit is - looking at the other Clearprop release I can imagine this one will be even better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, AmaruTG said:

one of the kits I am looking forward this year

SEA Camo ... 

Yes, SEA Camo!!!!!!!  My man.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Clearpropmodels/posts/2736491426633339

А lot of people ask us how the production of the SkyShark A2D on the 1/48 scale, which we announced a year ago, is going on. We answer - everything is fine! We have finished the production of all 15 molds. in May we expect the first test castings and begin the test assembly of the model.

V.P.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that's a kit I can get excited about! With my focus on trying to whittle down my kit stash, which really isn't that big to begin with, buying a new kit hasn't been anything close to a priority. But this gem has the potential to change my mind!  🤩

• 2 months later...