1/48th - Douglas A2D Skyshark by Clearprop Models - Released

Tbolt

12 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

🙄. Better than $63.60.  Still a wee bit on the high side for my budget but,not  unreasonable I reckon.

Need to downgrade to Cat. 3 for now though.

John

(Cat. 1- must have

Cat. 2 - could use

Cat. 3 - would be nice) 😉

Don´t forget that aviationmegastore show price without VAT. Final price is 59.95 Euros, which is probably more than the 63USD on the other shop.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Released- ref. CP4802 - Douglas XA2D-1 Skyshark (early version)

Available in the Clearprop company webstore: 55.00 EUR + P&P

https://clearpropmodels.com/cp_4802

Sksh.png

Also dedicated sets

- ref. CPA48003 - XA2D-1 Skyshark painting mask made from "yellow kabuki paper"

https://clearpropmodels.com/cpa_48003 

- ref. CPA48006 - XA2D-1 Skyshark brass set (2 guns shorter, 2 guns longer, 2 Pitot Tube)

https://clearpropmodels.com/cpa_48006

CPA48003.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• Tbolt changed the title to 1/48th - Douglas A2D Skyshark by Clearprop Models - Released

Great news, anyone know when the late version CP48001, which was shown first with a blue scheme, will be released please?

What are the differences or are all parts for both versions in this boxing or just different decals?

Thanks

On 06/02/2021 at 12:43, chrisov said:

Great news, anyone know when the late version CP48001, which was shown first with a blue scheme, will be released please?

What are the differences or are all parts for both versions in this boxing or just different decals?

Thanks

If you look at the Clearprop 3D renders, the exhausts , the canopy, some antennas etc. will be different.

Clear-Prop-A2-D-Skyshark-render-7-jpg-30  

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, chrisov said:

Thanks

Also the main wing pylons changed on the later version which CP have modelled. I suspect you will not be able to do either version from one box as the canopies look to be on separate sprues.

• Like 1

Reply from Clearprop models on the 'late version'

Hello!   A later version will be available next year. 

Great to get such a quick reply from a manufacturer. Personally had hoped for a quicker release, now the decision to get the early one or wait for the later one......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

I just ordered the XA2D-1 (Early Version) direct from Clear Prop. Kit was  €55 plus  €17 shipping to the USA, or $86 total. Kit has photoetch, masks and resin parts included. Not a bad deal.

MSRP in the U.S, is $110 and is expected to reach American shores by May. 

Can't wait to get the kit and then take a trip down to San Diego to see the real thing and compare.

I did notice that Clear Prop offers different levels with other kits. Basic, Advanced and Expert. Maybe they'll offer a Basic level on the Skyshark in the future without masks, resin or photoetch?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Rui Silva said:

Hi all,

I asked Clearprop two days ago about the release of CP4801, unfortunately until now I have no answer... :( 

I suspect they have more of a challenge replying to emails than many manufacturers.

• Like 1

Shocking :lol:

Me personally, as soon as they're ready and able (and safe) I'll be glad to add one to my collection.  I've still got another Dynavector kit in the stash, but an injection moulded kit that's decent would be appreciated :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Me personally, as soon as they're ready and able (and safe) I'll be glad to add one to my collection.

A month ago they posted ten photos of the finished model on FB and I have to say it's tempting.

https://www.facebook.com/Clearpropmodels/posts/pfbid02RC5nCbXNbm19p4RgSN61Hb7i6AUWgZuVBfv6F8bgTDYbNR1iiB7vwySv8d5PseYsl

3 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

A month ago they posted ten photos of the finished model on FB and I have to say it's tempting.

More than tempting :tasty: Whoever built that made a good job too :yes:   I've always wanted to do one dressed as a Sandy from Vietnam and loaded for bear, as if the teething troubles didn't happen and it replaced the Skyraider.  I think it would look super ^_^

I do like that prototype swooping canopy frames though, in preference to the square-cut frames that I did my Dyanvector kit in:

done1.jpg

• Like 3