This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
PhoenixII

The Northern Show (Newcastle on Tyne)

Have to echo everyone's word's another great show despite the mad dash around North Shield's to get out of that traffic jam near the Royal Quay's(never did find out

what it was all about),a meagre spend which pleased the wife,and the only kit I had on the must find  list was Revell's Gannet which I got for a tenner from Paul's(Phoenix)

colleague on the North Riding stand so result!

Thank you to everyone who attended the show again this year, we really hope you had a great time, it's nice to see so many people again.

We tried to air out the hall as often as possible, by opening the outer doors as often as we could, but this had a little effect within the hall, we've also badgered the venue staff to switch on the air extraction system, but were greeted with the same replay "It's broken".

I can report one theft on the day, a sleeve of Jaffa Cake apparently found their way, into the possession of the security staff, I'm assured Duncan B had no knowledge of this (as he handed them over)  which were promptly dispatched.

Hope to see you all again next year, and we'll try and work out a way to keep the hall temperature down.

Best wishes

Norman D. 

10 hours ago, NormanD said:

Thank you to everyone who attended the show again this year, we really hope you had a great time, it's nice to see so many people again.

We tried to air out the hall as often as possible, by opening the outer doors as often as we could, but this had a little effect within the hall, we've also badgered the venue staff to switch on the air extraction system, but were greeted with the same replay "It's broken".

I can report one theft on the day, a sleeve of Jaffa Cake apparently found their way, into the possession of the security staff, I'm assured Duncan B had no knowledge of this (as he handed them over)  which were promptly dispatched.

Hope to see you all again next year, and we'll try and work out a way to keep the hall temperature down.

Best wishes

Norman D. 

The breeze from the open doors was most appreciated unlike the 'mystery disappearance' of Steve's supply of Jaffa Cakes!! (he had already single handedly demolished the first 10 so I was saving him from himself really :whistle:

Thanks again to all the Club guys who made us so welcome.

Duncan B

Thanks to the show organisers and everyone who stopped by our stand to say hello or buy stuff from us. We had a decent show in the end, we had a smaller stand than last year, with less kits but managed to make more sales, with less expenses, which we're puzzled about!

About the air con in the hall - it was broken last year too, sounds like an excuse not to turn it on!

thanks

Mike