Revell A319 BA Retro scheme

Not my usual subject so I may have made some mistakes along the way, but I couldn't resist building one of these . I think it just looks right....

Basic kit is of course the Revell one and the decals are the new ones from Two Six.

I was hoping to add the real aircraft to my flight log on a couple of recent trips but no luck yet..

Thanks for looking.

33820386608_e91302a41a_b.jpg20190425_133329[/url

47644741822_01c88316db_b.jpg20190425_133206

33820428268_ddc570ca3f_b.jpg20190425_133219 

• Like 47

That's really nice and I hope we'll see more airliners from you in the future.

Can I make one suggestion? If you do build more airliners check out the "photo real" window decals produced by Authentic Airliners Decals. They have a wide range covering most current airliners including the A320 family and they are well worth the modest outlay.

Dave G

2 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That's really nice and I hope we'll see more airliners from you in the future.

Can I make one suggestion? If you do build more airliners check out the "photo real" window decals produced by Authentic Airliners Decals. They have a wide range covering most current airliners including the A320 family and they are well worth the modest outlay.

Dave G

Thanks, Dave and everyone. Much appreciated. Wow, those windows are impressive. Never heard of them before. May send for a set just to see what they're like. Even if I only use the cockpit ones?  Thanks for putting me on to them.

37 minutes ago, keithjs said:

Thanks, Dave and everyone. Much appreciated. Wow, those windows are impressive. Never heard of them before. May send for a set just to see what they're like. Even if I only use the cockpit ones?  Thanks for putting me on to them.

Keith, just a thought but you might be able to overlay them on to the decals on the A319. I've done a bit of retrofitting on some of my older models although usually just the windscreens. This is one of my recent builds to let you see how they look on a Revell A321.

Dave G

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Keith, just a thought but you might be able to overlay them on to the decals on the A319. I've done a bit of retrofitting on some of my older models although usually just the windscreens. This is one of my recent builds to let you see how they look on a Revell A321.

Dave G

I'm impressed! Doesn't it make a difference. I've just sent for a set of each so I'll try what you say and attempt to fit them over the top. If not I'll just do another BA one I've flown in recently. (if I can get another kit, it was difficult enough to get this one...)

I assume you'll be at Perth tomorrow? As you probably guess from down here I'll be at MK. Pity we could have compared notes. Anyway thanks again and have fun. 

25 minutes ago, keithjs said:

I'm impressed! Doesn't it make a difference. I've just sent for a set of each so I'll try what you say and attempt to fit them over the top. If not I'll just do another BA one I've flown in recently. (if I can get another kit, it was difficult enough to get this one...)

I assume you'll be at Perth tomorrow? As you probably guess from down here I'll be at MK. Pity we could have compared notes. Anyway thanks again and have fun. 

Thanks Keith. Yes, I'm flying the civilian flag at Perth tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not long back home after setting up. I live less than 15 minutes drive from the venue and it's much easier to set up on Friday evening when it's quieter.

Hope MK goes well.

Dave G

Just to pick up on the last two posts...

On several airliners I've built there is a slight difference in spacing between 26decals windows and those from Authentic Decals.  If you want to apply Authentic over 26 then try fixing them in strips of 3 or 4 at a time.

Mike

Edited by FortyEighter

8 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

Just to pick up on the last two posts...

On several airliners I've built there is a slight difference in spacing between 26decals windows and those from Authentic Decals.  If you want to apply Authentic over 26 then try fixing them in strips of 3 or 4 at a time.

Mike

Thanks, Mike, tha'ts very kind of you to point that out. I'll try my best to follow your advice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Thanks Keith. Yes, I'm flying the civilian flag at Perth tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not long back home after setting up. I live less than 15 minutes drive from the venue and it's much easier to set up on Friday evening when it's quieter.

Hope MK goes well.

Dave G

Ah, right, lucky you. Say Hi to Duncan at Blackmike for me. Just mention the model shop he put me onto at Dingwall a couple of weeks ago and he'll know who you mean...oh and ask him wheres my Gotha??

Have a great weekend and don't spend too much.......oh, and I'm looking for a Minicraft 1/144th C-130J if you see one going cheap....

Keith

Really nice! Its down at LGW right now and I was fortunate to get my photo with it this week. Good to see someone makes decals for it already!

You got Gold and my BOAC 747-436 took Silver - bloomin well done to you Sir at Modelkraft last weekend - your model certainly deserved first place as it looked absolutely smashing. The retro BEA livery fits the A319 like a silk glove - BA should have donned it to more of their A319/320 fleet to add a bit more nostalgia to their short-haulers.

I really loved your model - I know so many folk that bought Ray's new decal set for a future build of the same but it was great to see yours so freshy assembled and on display

Tip-top to you

18 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

You got Gold and my BOAC 747-436 took Silver - bloomin well done to you Sir at Modelkraft last weekend - your model certainly deserved first place as it looked absolutely smashing. The retro BEA livery fits the A319 like a silk glove - BA should have donned it to more of their A319/320 fleet to add a bit more nostalgia to their short-haulers.

I really loved your model - I know so many folk that bought Ray's new decal set for a future build of the same but it was great to see yours so freshy assembled and on display

Tip-top to you

Thank you! That's very kind of you to say so. I was surprised myself particularly as airliners aren't my usual subject. But as everyone has said...it just looks right.  Much  appreciated...👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Keith! So airliners are NOT your norm? Maybe after this, they could be!!??! The baby bus looks beautiful; quite a nice build indeed. I would also suggest the 3D windows, for a real look...sort of. But beware...any "layover" may not exactly match, as has been mentioned. There are also after market PE parts that would be a fun challenge to undertake, if you were so inclined. Thank you for sharing your work. Looks really really great! And I do love the livery. Wow. :clap: