Airfix Supermarine Spitfire Mk1a 1:72 stencil data

Twobyfour

Afternoon.

There does not seem to be any stencil data with the kit noted above, Box No A68206.  I emailed Airfix, who told me stencil data was on the back of the box (the first place I looked....it wasnt).

Does anyone here have an electronic copy they could DM, or a link to a high res online copy?  (I found one but it was virtually unreadable when enlarged).

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you're asking for here, the kit you reference is a starter set, these provide only  a basic decal set with just the main markings, no stencils as you note.

I assume you're looking for info on the stencils that are supplied with other versions of the decal sheet for this kit eg W/T and tressle  markings?

This review of the MkVa version of this kit has large scans of the decal sheet for details of the stencils, and the colour schemes for placement of same. These would be the same for the MkI and MkII.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Dave Swindell said:

Not sure what you're asking for here, the kit you reference is a starter set, these provide only  a basic decal set with just the main markings, no stencils as you note.

I assume you're looking for info on the stencils that are supplied with other versions of the decal sheet for this kit eg W/T and tressle  markings?

This review of the MkVa version of this kit has large scans of the decal sheet for details of the stencils, and the colour schemes for placement of same. These would be the same for the MkI and MkII.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou for the link.

Correct.  It is indeed a starter set, an Aldi Special no less.  It does though, have a full set of decals including stencils.  I was surprised too. 

16 minutes ago, Twobyfour said:

It does though, have a full set of decals including stencils.

Interesting, does it have the correct kit no on the decal sheet?

The original issue of the kit A01071A had the same markings with stencils as per reviews on Britmodeller and ATF, have they reprinted these for a batch instead of the decals for the starter set?

My kits from Home Bargains all appear to be without stencils☹️

2 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

Interesting, does it have the correct kit no on the decal sheet?

The original issue of the kit A01071A had the same markings with stencils as per reviews on Britmodeller and ATF, have they reprinted these for a batch instead of the decals for the starter set?

My kits from Home Bargains all appear to be without stencils☹️

Indeed, the kit No on the decal sheet is 'A01071A' Spitfire Mk1, they seem in good register too.

I just checked the P51D starter kit (A68208) I got at Aldi too.  Decals marked as A01004A with full stencils with a stencil data sheet!

31 minutes ago, Twobyfour said:

I just checked the P51D starter kit (A68208) I got at Aldi too.  Decals marked as A01004A with full stencils with a stencil data sheet!

If its like mine, its not for the RedTails plane on the box art though.  I emailed Airfix and got the right decals after a bit of back and forth.  But no wonder they were confused, what kind of company would use the same reference for two different products?  A01004 has been the code for kits for both Red Tails Lollipoop and Blue Nose Rose-Marie...

6 hours ago, malpaso said:

If its like mine, its not for the RedTails plane on the box art though.  I emailed Airfix and got the right decals after a bit of back and forth.  But no wonder they were confused, what kind of company would use the same reference for two different products?  A01004 has been the code for kits for both Red Tails Lollipoop and Blue Nose Rose-Marie...

Indeed, the Decals included for this particular P51D include options for `Rose Marie` and `The Kelly Kid 2` but no `Lollipoop` as per box art!  So, what is going on Airfix?  Looks like another email joust is in order.

I built `Rose Marie` last year, so another blue-nose is not really appealing (Stencils or no stencils).