Tamiya 1:48: Adolf Galland's Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3

After finishing the Revell 1:32 Fw 190A-8/R11, I decided to tackle Tamiya's Bf 109E-3 in 1:48. Started it on 22/4 and finished it earlier today.

I like that Tamiya provided the option for the flaps and slats down, it gives character to the model.

cdaAb4o.jpg

fJNHUgH.jpg

qm5iyE4.jpg

rlFhDGw.jpg

h3MeG0m.jpg

oN0cTXz.jpg

And here are two photos of my Airfix Bf 109E-4/N in 1:48, built too as Adolf Galland's aircraft.

LN5Z3gT.jpg

6F3FxhI.jpg

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 19

Really neat work. The clean, showpiece finish is greatly underestimated these days.

However...three days to build?! You'll get nosebleeds moving that fast!

Never understood the attraction of these 109s until I started building my first one - they have a hypnotic attraction and I'm sure I'll be building a shedload more!

Alan

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Alan P said:

However...three days to build?! You'll get nosebleeds moving that fast!

Thanks to Tamiya for engineering a kit with not many pieces and that's easy to build without any fit issues.

1 hour ago, Farmerboy said:

Slats and flaps certainly add to the build, and a very nice clean build it is to!

Wish I had glued them down on my Airfix kit, I would have saved me the issue of breaking one slat.

Very nice,

I love the Airfix kit and have a couple in the stash, they are very enjoyable to build, and look great along side the equally buildable Tamiya  kit.

Well done

🍺🍺

• Thanks 1