1/144 Roden Bristol Britannia C.1

The title says it all, and Photobucket seems to be behaving quite well today!

Cheers,

Matt

005_zpsgqsb0vyq.jpg

004_zpsja0rqzcp.jpg

002_zpsol74ag29.jpg

• Like 51
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Very much agree with Steve 👆 

Also, I do miss those bold designs and retro schemes. Nostalgia really does bite as you get older!

Alan

I couldn't agree more Steve. Very seriously considering a retro Qantas scheme for a 737-800, and just now painting a VC.10 C.1. Will post that when it's done.

Cheers, Matt

• Like 1

That's really neat and a classic airliner too!

I've got one waiting to be painted.  Had intended to do this RAF scheme but wasn't sure about masking between the white / grey under the cockpit - how did you go about this?

Mike

That's the one .. Made my day ,brilliant, even down to  the cowling fire bottle lance access decs . One of the 22 we had at Brize, great memories. Well done

20 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Super job on that, maybe the most handsome airliner ever to take the skies. IMHO of course. ;) Your build & scheme do no damage to that opinion at all. :)

Steve.

Hello Steve,

Do not forget the Brabazon !! :whistle:

Hello Matt,

Really like your Britannia, I used to see 2 britannia in Africa !!

They were far more weathered... I don't remember the name of the private company.

But what they did with this aircraft was amazing....

Great job on your !

Congrats !

CC

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

That's really neat and a classic airliner too!

I've got one waiting to be painted.  Had intended to do this RAF scheme but wasn't sure about masking between the white / grey under the cockpit - how did you go about this?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Many thanks. I think the easiest way to make sure you have the demarcation right is to paint the white first, then carefully cut the decals out and lay them on the model in the correct position. Then lightly mark underneath this a pencil and move your masking up a bit beyond that, noting that the cheat line narrows towards the nose and tail. The trickiest part is the zig-zag, but if you get the main line and the point that it breaks back right, you should be OK. I'll have to do the same on my VC-10 very soon, and on my Argosy when I get around to doing that.

Thanks everyone else for all your kind remarks. Very pleased to have brought back so many fond memories.

Matt

• Like 1