Revell Tornado GR1, 617 Sqn

This has a bit of a family connection so finally got round to building it.

My Dad was on the Squadron and brought the Tornado GR1 into service with them back around 1982 at RAF Marham.

I left the RAF in 1995 from 617 Sqn at RAF Lossiemouth......

Revell 1/72 OOB with only aftermarket decals used.

imageimageimageimage

• Like 32

Another tidy build :like:

How was the fit? I've got this in the queue for my next project, right after I finish with a commission build I'm working on.

Edited by Min

6 hours ago, Min said:

Another tidy build :like:

How was the fit? I've got this in the queue for my next project, right after I finish with a commission build I'm working on.

I found it an easy enough kit without too much filling.

The only thing I wasn't happy with is that the wings seem to have a wee bit of an unnatural droop.

3 hours ago, scottyphbeta said:

I found it an easy enough kit without too much filling.

The only thing I wasn't happy with is that the wings seem to have a wee bit of an unnatural droop.

Mine did the same so I ended up gluing the wings in place to the upper fuselage pieces.  very nice job though all the same 

3 hours ago, spruecutter said:

Very nice work! The canopy looks very crisp. In my boxing, the canopy looks a bit 'swirly'. I am in 2 minds whether to try and vacform a replacement. How would you rate the clarity of the canopy in your kit? 

Found no issues with the canopy on this kit, clarity was fine.

Was recently in Malta at one of their shows, canopies there were crystal clear, said they polished with tooth paste and finished with floor polish.

That's a great looking Tornado!

Piece of friendly advice from a photographer: use a sheet of white cardboard or just plain paper as a reflector below the camea lens, angled so that it picks up that overhead light! Then you'll get some image information in those blocked out shadows.

Nice modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1