As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

MarkM

Finished the Tamiya 1/20 Mclaren Ford MP4/8

Decided to get back into modelling as find it quite therapeutic and love making things. This is the first model I have made in over 10 years so not perfect but pretty happy with it as a starter!!

40721618313_093fae9915_c.jpg

40721617943_e2a7826016_c.jpg

40721617733_f4efc504bd_c.jpg

40721616753_9db28c3b7e_c.jpg

47634972242_3895142d89_c.jpg

46771987155_5981afc138_c.jpg

Looks good, well done, you should be proud of that :) 

I've got one of those in the stash to build at some point, alongside all the other Senna McLarens

Nice finish on the paint, especially like the exhaust :) what did you use to get that finish?

Not 100% sure what dance move the engineer is trying to pull off though, could it be the Macarena 🤔

Ian :) 

2 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Looks good, well done, you should be proud of that :) 

I've got one of those in the stash to build at some point, alongside all the other Senna McLarens

Nice finish on the paint, especially like the exhaust :) what did you use to get that finish?

Not 100% sure what dance move the engineer is trying to pull off though, could it be the Macarena 🤔

Ian :) 

Thanks Ian 😊

For the exhaust I just used a mixture of XF-16 flat alu and X-12 gold as a base then used the tamiya weathering kit and some X-11 silver to get the desired effect.

Lol know what you mean the engineer certainly has a strange stance 😂

His hand is supposed to be on a large call button, might add some cables between the radio, button and headset to make it look a bit more believable!

Excellent return to the hobby! Looks very nice. 

A great return! Very nice McLaren :like:.

What safety belts did you use in the cockpit? Were they in the kit or aftermarket?

Mark.

Not a lot wrong with this one - looks like you've hit the ground running on your return.

53 minutes ago, monsjmse said:

A great return! Very nice McLaren :like:.

What safety belts did you use in the cockpit? Were they in the kit or aftermarket?

Mark.

Thanks a lot 👍🏼

Used Studio27 aftermarket for the belts 

Great stuff! I have an inkling that the "engineer" was modelled on Ron Dennis judging by the image on the box. I think the massive "PTT" switch is realistic for late 80's - I'll take a look in one of my reference books tomorrow.

Your added detail to the car looks spot on. :clap2: