Spitfire full nose cowel

SA80A2AR

does anyone know where i can get a resonably priced 1/18 or 1/24 spitfire cowel and spinner for a project?

any help would be apreciated.

1/18, not a chance of getting anything off the shelf.

1/24, there's a complete Airfix 1a kit here at the extremely reasonable price of £24.95, jump in before one of us buys it (not me, already got two in the roof)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airfix-1-24-Supermarine-Spitfire-Mk-1a/264293957490?hash=item3d8925bf72:g:D0sAAOSwDQ1cvcAE

1 hour ago, SA80A2AR said:

does anyone know where i can get a resonably priced 1/18 or 1/24 spitfire cowel and spinner for a project?

any help would be apreciated.

you didn't say anything about mark. An Airfix nose will not help a lot if you go for a Mk.IX or later.

48 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

As there are no 1/24 kits of two-stage Merlin or Griffon Spitfires there doesn't seem to be a lot of point agonising over it

No, but there were a few aftermarket sets for the Mk. V, issued with the Trumpeter kit in mind.

And a conversion set for Mk.IX (though whether it meets the "reasonably priced" part I don't know).

In 1/18 there was the 21st Century Toys or whatever similar "display model".  Mine's in queue for restoration after a prang.

When did you last see one of those for sale, though? There was also once upon a time the HpH Seafire in 1/18th, but these things are vanishingly rare and valuable: you can't just go out and buy them either in physical life or online

Edited by Work In Progress

7 minutes ago, Work In Progress said:

When did you last see one of those for sale, though? There was also once upon a time the HpH Seafire in 1/18th, but these things are vanishingly rare and valuable: you can't just go out and buy them either in physical life or online

They sometimes turn up if you browse extensively on the net. Ebay sold one in December for a bid of £122!

You might want to try to find an R/C model. There was a guy at Hyperscale that built a 1/18 spitfire with insane details. I believe he based it on a R/C foam model.

HTH Finn

thanks.  i'm not bothed about the mark or engine type.  i have seen them realy cheep airfix 1/24 spits and last night i hit upon a idea.  use spares for RC planes.

e.g

TopFliteSpitLarge-640x640.JPG

for the topflite 1/7 spit. (v nice)

i don't want the whole kit so its not a waste of a decent model