Airfix Martin B-26B Marauder Flak Bait

Hi Guys, 

My recent built and not an easy one, the kit was bit crude and need some dedications as it requires lots of filling and sanding and some parts need scratch building as some parts were just too thick and boxy, I use Mr.Color silver and Tamiya Xf-61 RAF Green, I hope it has turned out satisfactory. Thank you for looking cheers.

Ps, if you are building please do add more weight on the nose than on instruction, need heavyweight.

DSC-6369.jpg

DSC-6370.jpg

DSC-6371.jpg

DSC-6373.jpg

DSC-6374.jpg

DSC-6375.jpg

• Like 33

Very nice Marauder.

Paint work is excellent. I like this model, one of old tool from Airfix i wish to make again, even i have Hasegawa in stash.

Again very good model

Best regards Djordje

• Thanks 1

Nice battered old bird! It’s not the easiest kit but I like it, you have done a great job.

with regards nose weight, I just had the bomb bay open with the little ladder added and that kept her level

Rob

• Thanks 1

I remember getting this kit just after it was first released, in the early 70's. Way back then, it was a leading edge kit. The detail was miles ahead of anything else at the time and it went together nicely, even by a untalented young man like me. I built it wheels up and hung it from the ceiling, as I had limited shelf space.

Chris

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mark Joyce said:

Nice job on the build, especially the weathering and all the paint chipping that those B-26s had. 

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you, Mark really appreciate the kind words, aha chipping I used a liquid mask for it 

11 hours ago, djos said:

Very nice Marauder.

Paint work is excellent. I like this model, one of old tool from Airfix i wish to make again, even i have Hasegawa in stash.

Again very good model

Best regards Djordje

My friend recently built the Hasegawa one, and he said it is a good kit but the decals on the Airfix is better as it is newer one

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Tom.. Great work on your Marauder. :clap2:

Thanks, Mate, Cheers

7 hours ago, Matt Parvis said:

Looks good.  The chipping on the nose and nose art in particular look right on with what I remember from visits to the Air and Space Museum in DC.

Matt

I was really confused about what to do as  there might be many variants as the aircraft keep flying after so many missions so the paint or chipping must have changed during the period however, i tried to make like the one in the museum, thank you for the kind words Matt

6 hours ago, rob85 said:

Nice battered old bird! It’s not the easiest kit but I like it, you have done a great job.

with regards nose weight, I just had the bomb bay open with the little ladder added and that kept her level

Rob

Aha, learned a new trick today, thank you for the kind suggestion and appreciating my work, cheers

5 hours ago, RMCS said:

Super job 

Thanks, Mate

3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I remember getting this kit just after it was first released, in the early 70's. Way back then, it was a leading edge kit. The detail was miles ahead of anything else at the time and it went together nicely, even by a untalented young man like me. I built it wheels up and hung it from the ceiling, as I had limited shelf space.

Chris

I agree for its time, must be a really nice kit for sure. Regarding the space, mine is very limited, so limited I have to keep the most kit in store as my display area has run out of space.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, F-32 said:

Lovely build of a legendary B-26

10 hours ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

A great representation of a war weary weather beaten B-26, makes me want to build another one :)

Thank you gentlemen really appreciate the kind words

Lovely. I always look on the Airfix Marauder as one of their best kits from the 1970s. I built one back when it was new and another one about ten years ago. I have yet another in the stash.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 9:41 PM, IanC said:

Love it. One of my favourite types. And definitely one of Airfix's better old school kits.

It is old school but is a nice kit for sure, really appreciate the kind words mate.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:53 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

Quite a bit of work to make a silk purse from a sow's ear. The actual Flak Bait is being restored currently at the air and space museum.

Yep, as I was completing my built I read about the news, what an exciting coincident, Thank you

On 4/27/2019 at 9:36 AM, Sky Keg said:

Outstanding effort considering the dated nature of the molds.  Congratulations and well done!!!!!!! :clap:

Thank you Sky, really appreciate the kind words, cheers

On 4/27/2019 at 11:42 AM, Eric Mc said:

Lovely. I always look on the Airfix Marauder as one of their best kits from the 1970s. I built one back when it was new and another one about ten years ago. I have yet another in the stash.

Thank you, you bet for its time it must be one awesome kit, look forward to seeing your build soon, cheers mate

Outdoor shoot, it was very hot so didn't manage to shoot much.

DSC-6380.jpg

DSC-6382.jpg

• Like 1