Tornado GR4 - which Italeri Kit?

Skyhunter66

I think you can build a Gr.1 from most (if not all) boxes... However for a Gr.4 you’ll need to get the parts from somewhere else. Many people robbed the Airfix kit of the specific parts. It is an expensive donor however!

G

The Italeri is getting on now but is a good basic shape. Primarily its a GR1 but it can double as a 4 as long as you arent bothered about the old style pilot/nav control panels, you'll need to find a resin pod for the nose (or create one from scrap) and then fill a gun port

GR4 stencil isnt commonally available so you'll need to source some, GR4 wingwalks are grey and the no steps are a X'd foot print not writing. Try to find the Model Alliance GR4 2005 anniversary decal sheet as this contains stencil

Using the twin spine aerials gives you a machine upto 2015, aircraft later than this need the anti-collision bulges for the spine and under the nose. No-one makes these so you'll need to create them from card. The kit tanks and wing pods are ok but again show their age, I used those from the Revell kit for the last Italeri I built.

So in summary it depends how accurate you want it

Edited by nigelshipp
  • Like 1