Anything Sukhoi group build. 17 and counting

Ham Hands

Yes heres an example from my group build. 

Corsairfoxfouruncle = M48a3 vietnam(host)

2. Antoine - ?

3. SimonT - 

4. Arniec - M60

**5. PlaStix - Co-host

6. Ozzy - M46 

7. FrancisGL - M60 starship

8. Asmodai - M47

9. Bullbasket - 

10. Modeling minion - M47

11. Old thumper - M26 

12.  snapper_city - M48a3

**12a. Plasto - M26 (co-host)

14. vppelt68 -  

15. Etienne - M47

16 Threadbear -

17 AgentG - M46

18. Gav G - M26/46

19. mungo1974 - 

20. SleeperService - M26 or T39

21. Jim Wasley - M26a1

22. - Romeo Alpha Yankee - M60

23. - Dave_R - M47

24. - Joss - M26

25. - Badger M48

26. Sgt.Squarehead  - M48a3

27. Sabre_days - M26/M60 dual bld.

28. Julien - CM-11 BraveTiger

29. Fatfingers - 

30. PZRGREN - M60a1

31. Mark hoffmanly -M48as

32. Yetifan -M60?

33. Mig eater

34. Kayell - M60a3

35. Hewy - M60

36. Churchill-T26e4 SuperPershing 

37. Scargsy - Magach 7

That way its easier to know when you've reached the number (30) to move this to vote in November. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much.

I must set aside some time for this. I did not expect to lead a quest for a Sukhoi build. I was just curious. 

I will gather my coconuts and set out on my quest! Please, no minstrels. 🤣

👍

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ham Hands said:

Thank you very much.

I must set aside some time for this. I did not expect to lead a quest for a Sukhoi build. I was just curious. 

I will gather my coconuts and set out on my quest! Please, no minstrels. 🤣

👍

Ham, now you are chossen by the Universe! Its your holly duty now! :D

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Borisz said:

Ham, now you are chossen by the Universe! Its your holly duty now! :D

Coconuts at the ready. 

"When danger reared its ugly head, He bravely turned his tail and fled.

Yes Brave Sir Ham turned about

And gallantly he chickened out Bravely taking to his feet..."

I didn't! 😋

• Like 2

all hail the chosen one!!!

:mike:

I've just found/remembered I have 2 of the Kopro/Eduard Su-17's in the stash along with a huge (20 odd sets) amount AM stuff to go with them. Gosh I may now have to chop one of them up and try and make a proper Su-22M3! :wall:

• Like 1

I could not wait so made a list.
12 if I am right.
Ham Hands
Corsairfoxfouruncle
Valkyrie
Beazer
trickyrich
rafalbert
Marlin
helios16v
Borisz
Jabba
exdraken
Arniec

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I make it 14 total.

1) Ham hands

2) corsairfoxfouruncle

3) Valkyrie

4) Beazer

5) trickyrich

6) rafalbert

7) Nocoolname

8. Marlin

9) Borisz

10) Jabba

11) Foxbat

12) helios16v

13) exdraken

14) Arniec

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arniec said:

I am intersted in this GB. I have got a few in the stash. I think my build would be a Su-15.

Cheers,

is that the 1/48th Trumpy version? If so I have I have a Exhaust Nozzle set from North Star you can have. I got it for my Collect-Aire beast and it doesn't fit, way too small!! It looks like trump may have done the "Vigilante" trick to their Su-15 and got the proportions off.

If you'd like it just PM me as it's no good to me and was really cheap, so I'm happy to give it away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning

Please ad me to the list I have the Hasegawa SU33 1/72 kit in my stash for years and this Gb would be the perfect excuse to build it ..

Patrice

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok this one really needs a push!!!

Come on, everyone want's to build MiG's but it's Sukhoi that have the real heavy metal of Soviet aircraft........ ok Ill except the MiG-25/31....even a clocks right twice a day. 

But I mean the original heavy metal beast, the Su-7!! Just a pipe with little wings and a HMF'n Engine!!!! I mean how Awesome is that!!!

Then even bigger MF'n engines in the Su-9 & 11........and then they had to put a couple of wee motors in the Su-15. :whistle: Ok for chasing Civilian stuff......

But they saw the light...... found a new BMF motor, fitted some tricky wings to a new drainpipe and made the awesome Su-17/20/22!!! A modern drainpipe with a HMF'n engine!!

Then to go trendy they added another engine, copied an F-15 and made a series of planes that could almost fly backwards....and tried to mate one with a Platypus!!! 

...and finally to top it all off they've (tried) to make a stealth with 2 HMF'n engines, is frighteningly expensive, and no one outside Putinville actually wants (sounds an awful like the F-35).

So what more encouragement do you need to join this GB!!!

...else there's always Lubyanka!! :fight:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Ham Hands  hope you don't mind, I found this thread languishing back on the 3rd page.

So given it a bump plus dropped an updated list to your first post much easier to keep track of those interested). Maybe not enough to make it into this years vote but there's a chance she'll be good for next years vote.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:24 PM, trickyrich said:

ok this one really needs a push!!!

Come on, everyone want's to build MiG's but it's Sukhoi that have the real heavy metal of Soviet aircraft........ ok Ill except the MiG-25/31....even a clocks right twice a day. 

But I mean the original heavy metal beast, the Su-7!! Just a pipe with little wings and a HMF'n Engine!!!! I mean how Awesome is that!!!

Then even bigger MF'n engines in the Su-9 & 11........and then they had to put a couple of wee motors in the Su-15. :whistle: Ok for chasing Civilian stuff......

But they saw the light...... found a new BMF motor, fitted some tricky wings to a new drainpipe and made the awesome Su-17/20/22!!! A modern drainpipe with a HMF'n engine!!

Then to go trendy they added another engine, copied an F-15 and made a series of planes that could almost fly backwards....and tried to mate one with a Platypus!!! 

...and finally to top it all off they've (tried) to make a stealth with 2 HMF'n engines, is frighteningly expensive, and no one outside Putinville actually wants (sounds an awful like the F-35).

So what more encouragement do you need to join this GB!!!

:)

you forgot your resin loving flying suitcase... how is it by the way?

And the -25... both still frontline!!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 4:24 PM, trickyrich said:

......"krovavaya GBnya?"*(c)(TM) 😲 😁

But how interesting and thinny dictionary combination....... Group Build - GB - GBnya  !!!!

😁😁

Despite the fact that in my box there is

Su-9 first, Su-7, Su-7BM, Su-7IG, S-32 "hybrid", Su-9 second, Su-11, Su-15TM, Su-17, Su-17M3, Su-24M, Su-27SM, Su-33, Su-47, T-10, T-49 

I prefer to remain a spectator.

🤗

B.R.

Serge

* - slang phrase similar translate as something about "Bloody NKVD-MGB-KGB"

Very  popular on society russian liberal as a curse word and as sarcasm in a

society russian patriots.

😁

Ive only just committed to the Classic Revell GB, so may have hold off applying to join this one!

Initially i was like "oooh i have a load of old SU-7 kits i could do in this GB", but then of course, i decided to go trawl google for lesser known Sukhoi variants......... i shouldnt do this. it isnt good for my sanity! Found some great little possible projects and Sukhoi derivatives i had never heard of! so warm up those scratchbuild brain neurons and check out these; i hope its ok to drop these down as 'inspiration' for other builders.

Su-8 Heavy Attacker -  think an IL-2 with more firepower -  4x45mm cannons to be exact, over 1ton per min fire rate!

110083-ffd7bf1b13e6652a66e3a7d49ab72be0.

Su-10 Jet Bomber -  When 2 engines isn't enough! Reminds me of the IL-28 in some ways

1VYgK3a.jpg

Sukhoi Su-15 (Aircraft P) - Not the Flagon, but its own unique looking prototype sticking 2 engines in a fuselage. Echos of Boeings JSF project with that massive nose 

su-15-1.jpg

Sukhoi T-49 - Prototype that lead to the Su-15 production variant, but with some unique asthetics of its own, dont cut yourself on those intakes!

c23d39907e5e877be5974797087eec55.jpg

Sukhoi Shkval - The most 'paper' of these prototypes, although a few kits out there exist of this beast and a partial mock-up was constructed prior to the projects cancellation. 

5459-fcfed6daf4ffec78c606cf2380e243f9.jp

I certainly feel that poor old Sukhoi gets left out of the limelight of soviet era aircraft designers, when they really did come up with some rather interesting designs! Wish the Su-8 was about as a 1/48 kit, as i could definitely see a nice side by-side build with that and a HS-129 B-3 as "WW2 incarnations of the A-10". another scratchbuild/design to add to the wishlist. 

3 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

Initially i was like "oooh i have a load of old SU-7 kits i could do in this GB", but then of course, i decided to go trawl google for lesser known Sukhoi variants......... i shouldnt do this. it isnt good for my sanity! Found some great little possible projects and Sukhoi derivatives i had never heard of! so warm up those scratchbuild brain neurons and check out these; i hope its ok to drop these down as 'inspiration' for other builders.

Do You really think You found the coolest Sukhoi projects?😎  Muhaha!  😁😁

Tasted this!!!

Sukhoi_T4MC_sc3.jpg

38-2.jpg

200c.jpg

It would be a strategic bomber instead of the Tu-160, because it was he who won the competition.  But the Su-25 and Su-27 ate it, because at the same time they could not build the Su-25 attack aircraft, the Su-27 fighter and the T-4MS("200") strategic bomber Sukhoi, they had to sacrifice a strategist because the Su-25 and Su-27 were more needed.

http://alternathistory.com/200-i-strateg-t-4ms-200-okb-sukhogosssr/

No less interesting is the 

successor Su-24 which has turned into a mini-strategic bomber:

600.jpg

http://paralay.world/t60.html

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2