Aston Martin barn find

Utterly superb work inside that 'barn'. The Aston looks real and so does all of the clutter. In fact, the clutter is the best clutter I've ever seen. The attention to detail is microscopic, right down to dust-level! And the barn exterior is superb as well, with realistic corrugated iron roofing, those doors and smashed windows, etc etc.

But then I saw the plants and thought 'oh dear'. They are so unrealistic and detract massively from your otherwise PERFECT work. For example, I did for a moment wonder if the leafy 'climber' was supposed to be an 'art installation': that a welder had fabricated a metal plant to grace the walls of the barn.

I know some may consider my criticism harsh, but I'm sure others are thinking the same thing and don't want to say it.  At the end of the day though, I'm sure you don't want people to have that 'oh dear' moment' that I had. Really, please rip all your plants off and replace them with something (even moderately) better, then your dio will leap into the 'masterclass' category.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your comment regarding the plants on my model. I admit to finding them to be hardest and most painstaking element of my dioramas to create. However, if you at them as part of the whole scene, rather than viewing them in isolation, which is I think what you are doing, I don't think they are as bad as all that. I aim for an overall look rather than an ultra precise, super realistic, correct to scale, model. I now realise the close up photos tempt the viewer to look at individual details in isolation so I won't be posting similar photos again. View the finished model in its entirety as a complete setting and I think it stands up well.

Edited by RichM
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...