Aston Martin barn find

OK, so now you've showed us some pictures of the real barn and car you based you diorama on. Can we see some shots of your models as well please? Oh, hold on a minute.... 

This is some of the best building and painting skills I've ever seen.  The whole thing is a real tribute to you. 

Thanks for sharing with us.   

Chris. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's brilliant .. Somewhere hiding off the Aston Clinton  Weston Turville Road .. How did you do the cans ? The Bird's Custard label ? Doesn't look like a model

Thank you. Cans/tins are a piece of cake. Bits of tubing painted and a printed label wrapped around them. Square cans such as the Oxo and Castrol ones are cut from erasers, painted and printed labels applied.

Why Aston Clinton to Weston Turville Road?

Edited by RichM
  • Like 2

ASTON Martin  Lionel Martin used to take part in the hill climb at Aston Clinton Hill  close to what was to become RAF Halton before WW1. the 1st Aston Martin was based a old  Isotta Fraschini Chassis with a different engine and won the climb .

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

On 23/04/2019 at 22:09, bzn20 said:

ASTON Martin  Lionel Martin used to take part in the hill climb at Aston Clinton Hill  close to what was to become RAF Halton before WW1. the 1st Aston Martin was based a old  Isotta Fraschini Chassis with a different engine and won the climb .

Isotta Frachini, now that stirs memories

When I was a boy my family had a couple of holiday houses in Borth Nr Aberystwyth. In the mid sixties I went with my father to have his car looked at in the local garage. In the corner was an Isotta lovingly cared for by the owner. He was so proud of it. Many years later late 70s or early 80s I went back to Borth and as I went past garage I remembered this car, Owner was still there and he beckoned me across the road and in a little building, through a window he showed me the Isotta. Still owned by him. What a car.

Not long ago something triggered my memory and I searched on line to find the article below

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/newly-restored-classic-car-lay-9969646

I was so glad to see it has survived and in a good home

So if any one has a model of this I would love to build one. not much hope I am afraid

• Like 2

• 2 months later...