R.I.P. AKYDNBAAK

vppelt68

I'm up for it. What a surprise!

Airfix wise, the HP 0 400 and the B26 Invader that I never got around to building back then fit the bill. Any of the Airfix/MPC American cars from 1967 would also see me very happy indeed.

Tony.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Time for a confession I never got round to building the Airfix Stirling, I think i still have it in its original box.

I suppose I had better sign up for the tractor and bomb trailers as well.

Which of course will mean my needing to calming down on the number of GBs in that period..... 

cheers Pat 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Which of course will mean my needing to calming down on the number of GBs in that period.....

Nah, where's the fun in that?  WWED?  ;)

Edited by helios16v
  • Haha 2

Add me to the list too please 😁 

Will have as much fun going through old catalogues etc finding stuff I missed back then. The Monogram B-17 is the one that springs to mind. 

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Better put me down for this too, after looking at @stevej60's Frog Beaufighter thread, I realised I've acquired both, one of them & a original Airfix one recently, neither of which I had as a kid, soooo..... :D

Steve.

I trust to balance out poor @stevej60 being made to do an Aussie one, by @trickyrich and @Rabbit Leader you will be doing a British one ? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

I trust to balance out poor @stevej60 being made to do an Aussie one, by @trickyrich and @Rabbit Leader you will be doing a British one ? ;)

Well my British to Aussie build ratio is about 2:1, so odds on I’ll honour that. Actually I might make a start to this GB entry today as my Lanc build Is depressing me each time I look at it. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Sad 1

Put me down for this one. I remember visits to my aunt where I would spend hours poring over my cousin's Tamiya catalogues. One of them had some dioramas in the middle, and the one that always stuck in my mind featured the Sd.Kfz 251. I've never bought or built it - apart from the small infantry sets, 1/35 kits were way outside my price range then and as time has passed other scales and subjects took precedence. Time to put that right :)

Andy 

• Like 2

Ok, we're still one member short of making it to the November bumfight and even further away from emerging victorious from the same vote - but after today's visit to the post agent I can testify you I'm ready to build the kit I didn't build as a kid :coolio:.

2020-06-04_05-41-56

Nice tricolour plastics! The decals have got wet, though, and thus become unusable but I hadn't even planned using them anyway. V-P

• Like 4

To be quite honest I recently molested one of those kits for its wings. I sawed bits off and attached them to a 1/96 Frog Lancaster to make a Manchester. Therefore I still have lots of bits left. If you need anything PM me now before I use them for something else.

I always was going to buy the Airfix half track and Flak 88 kit when it came in 1967, but never got around to it. Bought the kit on its release in the Airfix classic range and even bought the appropriate paint to go with it. A good opportunity to build it and do something other than an aircraft 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

To be quite honest I recently molested one of those kits for its wings. I sawed bits off and attached them to a 1/96 Frog Lancaster to make a Manchester. Therefore I still have lots of bits left. If you need anything PM me now before I use them for something else.

Thank you for your kind offer Adrian, but it looks like Kingkit has once again delivered a kit in perfect condition and everything looks as good as it was in 1979 🙂

49 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

Boeing B17s look really sexy as a chop top from Operation Aphrodite. Could be a tribute to the first Kennedy lost 😊

They were indeed a sad phase in B-17 operational career but as I know your skills with converting kits, I can hardly wait to see this one!

38 minutes ago, Mr T said:

I always was going to buy the Airfix half track and Flak 88 kit when it came in 1967, but never got around to it. Bought the kit on its release in the Airfix classic range and even bought the appropriate paint to go with it. A good opportunity to build it and do something other than an aircraft 

I take that as a signing it, and thank you wholeheartedly mr. #30 as that entitles our little proposal to join the November bunfight for 2021 GB slots :yahoo:

@Enzo Matrix could you please add "A kit you didn't build as a kid GB" to November bunfighter list!?

V-P

It finally occurred to me what I can build for this GB.

48458925296_934d428a80_c.jpg 

48459116962_f481bce72f_c.jpg

When I was a wee little runt, my dad had the full set of these on the shelf.  I recall always drooling over them all googly eyed.  I had never seen these kits in the wild until I happened across one at a model shop garage sale outside of Seattle last year on a day trip with a couple guys in the local modeling club.  

• Like 4

New here, so am not 100% sure of GB etiquette etc, but I'll sign up if I may.  There are a few that spring to mind:  A Skyray (my frenemy John Taylor had one and I thought it looked pretty sexy.  He was jealous of my Sunderland though), a Tonka (mmmm, Op. Granby Tonkas...), a mk1 Spit with the chequerboard wings....  There will be plenty to choose from.  I.m not sure if I built a Phantom or not.  I know I bought an F15 (possibly by Hasegawa) and another jet at the same time when I was about 13 but I can't remember what the second one was.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

New here, so am not 100% sure of GB etiquette etc, but I'll sign up if I may.  There are a few that spring to mind:  A Skyray (my frenemy John Taylor had one and I thought it looked pretty sexy.  He was jealous of my Sunderland though), a Tonka (mmmm, Op. Granby Tonkas...), a mk1 Spit with the chequerboard wings....  There will be plenty to choose from.  I.m not sure if I built a Phantom or not.  I know I bought an F15 (possibly by Hasegawa) and another jet at the same time when I was about 13 but I can't remember what the second one was.

Hello Jack... Rules are pretty simple. Anyone can join any build even one in progress. All they need do is ask or express interest as you have done. With single type group builds like the current Spitfire or Corsair all builds must be focused on a particular type and its sub-variants. In a regular group build like the Anything you built as a kid or in this one You're limited to what the title lays out. With single type builds lasting 90 days and standard builds 120 days. A key difference though is single types require 25 signups to get an automatic slot, the next available one. Standard group builds require 30 signups and must go to a vote in the month of November, commonly and lovingly referred to as the great November bunfight. The vote takes all 30 days of the month. It is open to every member of the forum, regardless of wether or not they participate or sign up for builds.
       The top seven or eight builds go to next year(2021). And in this case Enzo Matrix the Moderator that is charge of group builds, sorts them into a calendar along with the different hosts. They (hosts) negotiate the best dates available for there personal schedule, as some hosts have more than one build. Im hosting two this year myself and two last year. Prior to 2018 I’d never participated in one either. Hopefully that helps answer some of your questions ? If not do this @Corsairfoxfouruncle to get my attention. And ask I have no problem helping or answering questions. 

Dennis

EDIT: There are plenty more to pick from here on the lower part of page one & the second page. Also you may want to check out the Future builds section as those have been approved and scheduled to go through this year. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Jack... Rules are pretty simple. Anyone can join any build even one in progress. All they need do is ask or express interest as you have done. With single type group builds like the current Spitfire or Corsair all builds must be focused on a particular type and its sub-variants. In a regular group build like the Anything you built as a kid or in this one You're limited to what the title lays out. With single type builds lasting 90 days and standard builds 120 days. A key difference though is single types require 25 signups to get an automatic slot, the next available one. Standard group builds require 30 signups and must go to a vote in the month of November, commonly and lovingly referred to as the great November bunfight. The vote takes all 30 days of the month. It is open to every member of the forum, regardless of wether or not they participate or sign up for builds.
       The top seven or eight builds go to next year(2021). And in this case Enzo Matrix the Moderator that is charge of group builds, sorts them into a calendar along with the different hosts. They (hosts) negotiate the best dates available for there personal schedule, as some hosts have more than one build. Im hosting two this year myself and two last year. Prior to 2018 I’d never participated in one either. Hopefully that helps answer some of your questions ? If not do this @Corsairfoxfouruncle to get my attention. And ask I have no problem helping or answering questions. 

Dennis

EDIT: There are plenty more to pick from here on the lower part of page one & the second page. Also you may want to check out the Future builds section as those have been approved and scheduled to go through this year. 

Hi Dennis,

Thanks very much for that - concise, readable and very helpful.

So, this one has got the required number of participants and will go forward to the Bunfight vote later in the year, if I've got that correct.  I'll keep practising then !

• Like 2

I think now the two main contenders for me would be the Airfix Hampden and the Frog Whitley,I've just never got round to building the Hampden and the 

Whitley was always one of those Birthday/Christmas priced kit's that always lost out to something else.

• Like 1

Oohh yes please - count me in.

What to do though? Oddly, I could never track down Airfix's Wildcat when I was a kid, so I built the Frog one instead. It just wasn't right. 😒

Or maybe the Airfix Auster Antarctic or S.R. 53 - another couple I could never track down.

Or all of them! (Must visit auction sites asap)

• Like 1