Bentley Blower 1:12

Renek

I can only agree wholeheartedly with what has already been said, you've done a cracking job on the car, and the workshop is simply stunning, one can almost smell the straight mineral oil !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dancona said:

I can only agree wholeheartedly with what has already been said, you've done a cracking job on the car, and the workshop is simply stunning, one can almost smell the straight mineral oil !

Thank you  :)

Today, after long thinking, I tried to repair the existing hood. Although I have other parts available that kindly donated to my colleague when looking into the calendar ... how I have it at work, I realized that it is impossible to catch ...

So I tried to repair the humpbacks so that you could look at it a bit. The upper half of the bonnet flapped 12,000, and it was Coars from Tamka who made it very light and I am very happy that I only went through two tiny places.

I will probably not solve it, the bonnet now looks pretty good, like old metal plate on the old car and it does not shine ... it's no Ferrari

file.php?id=1499277

file.php?id=1499278

file.php?id=1499279

file.php?id=1499280

file.php?id=1499281

• Like 3

Beautiful work, Renek. Amazingly realistic. 

Just add some oil stains to the floor under the car because that Bentley must be leaking here in there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pouln said:

Beautiful work, Renek. Amazingly realistic. 

Just add some oil stains to the floor under the car because that Bentley must be leaking here in there. 

Thank you very much .... Oil spots must not be missed :)

53 minutes ago, Dancona said:

Ahoj Renek, spousta oleje !!!

Toto je skutečný v bitech (vlastně jeho 3 litry, ale velmi podobný)

47909153901_fe87a45143_o.jpg

God ... that's damage....

I know it looks bad !

With the block off (non detachable head) things do tend to flop out, but after a rebore and new pistons and rings things look a bit more recogniseable.....

spacer.png

• Like 4

While I'm at it, in case anyone else is doing a four cylinder Bentley at the moment, this is the block/head bit with the water jacket plates plates removed.

The only way to get to the valves is take this off and put your hand up the bore a la James Herriot, but the real nightmare is putting it back on again over the pistons !!

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Do you have any pics of the water pump, and how it connects to the radiator?

The Airfix kit only gives the pump and inlet to the cylinder block, nothing the other side!

Ian

On 5/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, Dancona said:

I know it looks bad !

With the block off (non detachable head) things do tend to flop out, but after a rebore and new pistons and rings things look a bit more recogniseable.....

spacer.png

Very interesting photos, the better it is :)

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 4:00 AM, Dancona said:

While I'm at it, in case anyone else is doing a four cylinder Bentley at the moment, this is the block/head bit with the water jacket plates plates removed.

The only way to get to the valves is take this off and put your hand up the bore a la James Herriot, but the real nightmare is putting it back on again over the pistons !!

spacer.png

What an incredible bit of casting to produce that & nearly 100 years ago, they'd want to CNC machine it now. I've read about these Bentley engines but never seen one pulled down like that, thanks for sharing these photos.

Steve.

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:35, limeypilot said:

Do you have any pics of the water pump, and how it connects to the radiator?

The Airfix kit only gives the pump and inlet to the cylinder block, nothing the other side!

Ian

Hi Ian,

Actually I do, but I dont want to hijack Renek's wonderfull build log with lots of pictures of oily old bits of metal so what I'll do is make a new thread in the general car chat bit when I have a moment and post them there !

Cheers

David 

• Like 4

On 6/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, Dancona said:

Hi Ian,

Actually I do, but I dont want to hijack Renek's wonderfull build log with lots of pictures of oily old bits of metal so what I'll do is make a new thread in the general car chat bit when I have a moment and post them there !

Cheers

David 

So such comments don't bother me at all, just give me some photos :)

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 6:57 AM, quieto said:

On 6/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, Dancona said:

Hi Renek 😄   I've stuck them in "vehicle discussion" how are the oil spots going ?

Hi ... They are doing well, Benny goes to the international two-day contest Modellbrno 2019 ... tomorrow ... I'll see you :)

Edited by Renek

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just pre-ordered the Airfix 1:12th scale Bentley re-release - I remember being into Airfix as a kid and my father made the original 1:12th Bentley in the 70's. That one has sadly gone and I want to rebuild it as a memory to my late father. I've built models many years ago and have taken inspiration from numerous photos I have seen and also if anyone watches/follows Adam Savage (yes he of Mythbusters fame) on the tested.com website and YouTube channel, well he's inspired me to get back into modelling and I love watching others online weathering models. So my plan is when the kit arrives is to be inspired by as many fellow builders and build this kit but not as a polished version but as a well used and raced version. When we are out of the lock down I'd like to head on down to Beaulieu and take 100's of photos of the Bentley they have there with a view of creating as close as possible that version of the blower Bentley. It won't be museum quality but I'm certainly going to make it special as well as my modelling skills will allow me to and will document it. I'm thinking of maybe documenting the build on YouTube, what do people think?

Regards

Scott.

• Like 2

Well I'm certainly going to have a go, just have to wait on the release of the model now...

There are so many other great models that I made as a child but no long have them as they either got damaged or just got rid of them as I moved house. Here's just a small list of the models I made as a child:

Aurora : The Mummy

Aurora : The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Airfix : Bengal Lancer

Airfix : Bluetits wildlife series

Aitfix T-Rex

Airfix : Concorde

Revell : Lancaster Bomber

Airfix : Saturn V

Numerous model tanks and military models too many to remember which ones specifically

Same goes for cars, lots of different cars.

While I was making these my father, as well as the Bentley also built some stunning large scale models including:

Airfix : 1914 Dennis fire-engine

Bandia : Steam traction engine

Bandia : Steam road-roller

Airfix : 1910 'B' Type bus

...and many more

Maybe I need to get my eye in with one of thee before hitting the Bentley when it arrives.

• Like 1