Bentley Blower 1:12

Renek

14 hours ago, dieselweasel said:

Renek

That is one terrific model , where did you get your information from, i have one in the stash, can i use some of your ideas when i do mine.

wonderful model

Jim 

I'll be happy if I'm inspired :)

12 hours ago, colin said:

Whih kit is this, the only one that springs to mind is the 1/12 Airfix

Fantastic work by the way

Edited by Renek

The big Airfix Bentley is certainly showing its age a bit. It was a sophisticated kit by 1970's standards, but lacks the finesse that we now come to expect with newer kits.

However, Renek is showing what can be done with an ageing kit, using it as a basis to add extra details and replace or refine existing ones from the kit, and the big Bentley certainly lends itself to super detailing.

Renek;s model looks superb now that it is finished.

UK modeller Peter Buckingham's model at Telford a few years ago and a model made by John Teresi in the USA that went to the GSL in Salt Lake City some time ago are also testament to what can be done with this kit.

My main gripe with the kit is that Airfix have made a glaring error in positioning the Winged B badge far too low down on the radiator shell and never bothered to put this right.

Over at least three re issues this has never been corrected, but instead of sorting this crass error out they elected to change figures on the number plate on the last issue instead?

Maybe the modeller can correct this anomaly by removing the badge, put another in the correct position using modern finishes like Alclad or AK Chrome.

Ironically they got the badge position right on their old 1/32nd scale kit that they issued way back in the 1950's.

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 3

On 30. 4. 2019 at 19:13, colin said:

Whih kit is this, the only one that springs to mind is the 1/12 Airfix

Fantastic work by the way

Thank you man :)

1 hour ago, Noel Smith said:

The big Airfix Bentley is certainly showing its age a bit. It was a sophisticated kit by 1970's standards, but lacks the finesse that we now come to expect with newer kits.

However, Renek is showing what can be done with an ageing kit, using it as a basis to add extra details and replace or refine existing ones from the kit, and the big Bentley certainly lends itself to super detailing.

Renek;s model looks superb now that it is finished.

UK modeller Peter Buckingham's model at Telford a few years ago and a model made by John Teresi in the USA that went to the GSL in Salt Lake City some time ago are also testament to what can be done with this kit.

My main gripe with the kit is that Airfix have made a glaring error in positioning the Winged B badge far too low down on the radiator shell and never bothered to put this right.

Over at least three re issues this has never been corrected, but instead of sorting this crass error out they elected to change figures on the number plate on the last issue instead?

Maybe the modeller can correct this anomaly by removing the badge, put another in the correct position using modern finishes like Alclad or AK Chrome.

Ironically they got the badge position right on their old 1/32nd scale kit that they issued way back in the 1950's.

I was really looking forward to this building. Well, as I found out what's wrong, I'll be happy to finish the construction. There are now more than 200 different modifications and mainly new parts to the kit. I didn't try to let go of the grille mask

10 hours ago, Kingswear1 said:

Lovely modelling, great garage equipment!

Thank you :)

9 hours ago, colin said:

Not only are you creating a master piece from the old Airfix kit, your now making a period garage for it 😀

5 hours ago, s.e.charles said:

outstanding details!

Today I finished spraying the bottom metal cover ... deployment on the bottom of the car requires a great deal of courage and patience, the part is preloaded and holds only friction in the frame ... and covers everything nice ... still wants a little wash

file.php?id=1493729

file.php?id=1493728

file.php?id=1493727

file.php?id=1493730

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 8:33 PM, Noel Smith said:

It's doable. I did it on mine, although I haven't painted it yet to see if it is an invisible join.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/382-work-in-progress-vehicles/

Ian

• Like 1

Due to the age of the kit I encountered degradation of plastic in the hoods. After several attempts, I decided that new parts were needed.
I painted the colored flaps of metallic AK paste from the inside and polished it. I tried to mask the bad condition by wearing the hoods.

file.php?id=1495336

file.php?id=1495335

file.php?id=1495334

• Like 2

So today, after more than four months of hardship, I have completed the twenty-five-year-old Airfix kit.
I practically still ran into some problems I was trying to edit or remove. Everything is very simplified and inaccurate, the parts are completely missing or just indicated. It is also worth mentioning the crucial thing, the incorrect placement of the character on the mask, which should be right from above. Some modellers tried to move the character, but the result did not convince me, so I did not go into this modification. As well as in the production of strings, which I also considered. Finally, I modified the original strings.
The re-edition of this kit is going to be done and I just hope that the sophistication will be much better .... then I would consider another design of this beautiful machine.
I started the construction without any experience with plastic models ... unless I count cars and planes I built as a boy. So I can say it's my first kit in life and despite the pitfalls it was a lot of fun, lots of search and improvisation.

file.php?id=1495465

file.php?id=1495464

file.php?id=1495463

file.php?id=1495462

file.php?id=1495461

file.php?id=1495459

file.php?id=1495457

• Like 14

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A wonderful build of a wonderful vehicle. :)

Steve.

Thank you  Steve  :)

11 hours ago, colin said:

Beautiful build and skills to improve the basic kit

If they do a re-edition I doubt Airfix will improve anything, they'll just call it Airfix classic as usual

Thank you  :)  Maybe it will turn out ...

Edited by Renek