Pegasus Miles Master Mk I - Finished

AdrianMF

Looks like the Milliput is going to get the night off:

34-EFBEA3-CF4-E-44-D2-8-B2-D-0-BB3-F6-D9

7-ECDE2-EC-1164-4421-A694-27-F93-D50-D84

AEFD49-A3-A226-42-CF-8291-27-FB50-E3-E3-

The last one is smeared in Superglue, which I will leave to dry overnight before sanding. Time to go downstairs, watch TV and pick superglue off my fingers.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 8

Some nail polish remover that contains acetone will quickly remove superglue from your skin. I have lots of experience doing that.

Chris

• Thanks 3

Down to the kitchen this morning. I see what Tony @The Baron means about setup time - I had to build myself a new balsa sheet holder or two before I started:

4460395-C-02-A7-4-C00-B349-5-F682-B1815-

If I were doing this as a commercial product I’d pay a bit more attention to the finish of the mould, but it’s a hobby so I’m calling it done! Only the second attempt too!

D261-B0-AF-9-A6-C-4-ACF-8139-7-EED0-E90-

Time to dunk that in Future and earn some brownie points while it dries!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, zebra said:

That canopy looks great!

Thanks! It’s a bit bumpy when viewed obliquely, which suggests another coat of superglue and sanding would have helped, but I’m hoping a dip in Future will sort all that out for me.

Regards,

Adrian

Blimey @AdrianMF I'm a bit flipping impressed by this, I confess to being a fan of the later canopies, they look better to my mind but seeing what you've done with this, I could be persuaded to alter that view point. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Steve! The windscreens do look a bit boffin-ish but it was a Miles Aircraft signature.

Meanwhile, I can now stick the cockpit in and get the wings on:

E65-EF916-14-A8-4-D01-88-DD-DE7-DE970-DD

Ouf! Prepare to break out the Milliput:

12378-AB1-4248-43-AE-8-D49-5078-A11-F380 

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Sometimes it can be best to pitch right on in without thinking things through. The radiator housing  has three circular radiators in it, a bit like the early Halifax cowlings.

The kit housing is massively thick and provides you with a simple grill that doesn’t fit. So I gouged and gouged onwards until the housing was a lot thinner at the front, then filled the hole I had made by going too far.

The kit grille I cut to shape and drilled three holes into to represent the individual radiators.

Then I built up layers of strip on the wing so I have a level to fill to when I make an intake ramp.

TL;DR I did this:

8-D0-B625-E-210-D-49-AA-8-E26-8-E0007-F8

EA9-D99-D5-323-B-44-C8-83-F5-89839-EECE6

So I can fill from the end of the fuselage to the strips and it should all blend in. I’m guessing the interior of this is trainer yellow, not interior green. I have a head-on shot in black and white which could be either.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 7

Cockpit is on, radiator pouch is on, air intakes scratched and on, landing lights  on with a sellotape cover. Oh, and did I mention yellow?

27839445-48-C8-4-FCE-AEF0-1115-BF390-C8-

I will let that dry for a bit while I measure out the masking and have a look at what serials I will need.

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 7

Decals printed:

D1-C07-EAF-D3-BC-4-B82-9-D9-E-9-ED4-DABD

The little 0s and 8s on the fuselage are round but the ones under the wing are squared off, as per photos of the real thing...

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 4

Masking is now finished. I have realised (1) I can’t live with the air intakes so I’ve cut them off to remake them larger and lower and (2) I have reached an age where I need to double check my basic arithmetic for circle sizes:

960-A0-F46-09-B3-4-D8-D-BB39-A64-DD6155-

The washing machine has died too. On the way to the local washing machine shop I discovered that my car is a spider kindergarten:

9-F147812-39-F9-421-F-A368-F98853-B405-E

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I must admit I’m not normally one to unwrap masking in a hurry like a kid at Christmas, but today I’ve made an exception:

717485-C2-E838-4-F7-F-9820-1-DB44-E6-D34

Pretty happy with that! Now to see if my roundel size calculations were right...

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 4

I don’t normally tear into transfers too quickly either, but I have to be showered, changed and ready to go out at eight, so what else could I do?

DBB2443-E-0-ED0-4-BA8-A565-DCE6-B14-D27-

E6-C47312-60-E1-433-A-B41-E-155-DF0-E198

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

The washing machine has died too. On the way to the local washing machine shop I discovered that my car is a spider kindergarten:

9-F147812-39-F9-421-F-A368-F98853-B405-E

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

With that many spiders, I would have just set the car on fire! Spiders are about the only thing that really creep me out.

Chris

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

struggling

They aren’t there yet! I might stick the existing ones back on, or I might have another rummage in the spares box, followed by more trimming...

Regards,

Adrian

6 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Spiders are about the only thing that really creep me out.

Chris

l will introduce you to my ex wife then maybe your opinion might differ lol 

hacker

• Haha 3