Heller Sa316 Alouette III/HAL Chetak 1/72

Hi Folks, 

I always wanted to build a HAL Chetak the problem was getting the kit, I knew Heller makes a one but the kit was crude for sure and I need the PE parts to make it look decent. So getting the PE was difficult, so I tried to PE after searching for a few weeks I found a one on the EvilBay, the price was good but the problem was my experience with PE was minimum. Once, I got the kit, one of my friend told me (Ratmig) why not make an opened one, since there is no opened Chetak, so I decided to make opened one but then, then I have to pause for few weeks since I didn't have fine saw blade after few week got it and start working on it, cutting clear parts was scary it was my first time and I was if I screwed up then am gone. However, I managed to cut a satisfactory. Then I started using the PE and scratch building the interiors and use Tamiya grey and gunze light grey for the paint. Here it is, it is a delicate task for me making in 72 scales, hope it has turned out ok, thanks for looking, cheers.

DSC-6339.jpg

DSC-6341.jpg

DSC-6343.jpg

DSC-6346.jpg

Outdoor

56219969-344716186150377-440792119926325

56551685-344716212817041-574779730880049

Indoor

• Like 21

16 hours ago, fatalbert said:

I like that a lot,☺,lovely little helicopter.

Thanks Mate really appreciate the kind words, 

15 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great build of Heller's classic!

Thanks, Buddy, Cheers

4 hours ago, ratmigs said:

Intricate work Tom! Excellent!

Here's mine from years ago. I didn't have the courage to cut open the doors myself ;)

Thanks, Bro yr color is very vibrant and look neat

3 hours ago, Tunguska said:

Big result on a little chopper!

Congratulations.

I saw one one these on the back of an Indian Navy frigate in Fremantle a couple of years ago, and I bought the Heller kit.

Thanks Buddy, indeed it is a small aircraft and little old these days, the navy is planning to replace it don't know how long it will be flying.

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Very neat little model. Well done.

Terry

Thank you Terry, much appreciated the kind words

1 hour ago, HansReggelsen said:

A true classic! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Thanks Buddy, Indeed a classic kit