Matchbox Wellington X 'The Fiery Queen' North Africa WW2

I started this around Christmas and completed a month or so ago, I really needed a mojo-restoration build that was simple. Decided to use the classic stand and do it wheels up :) The different shades of green on the stand were an accident but I liked it. I had to do a few minor repairs to broken parts as it had a hard life before arriving in my stash. Decals were ruined so had to buy some new ones. I like RAF desert colours so went with The Fiery Queen from Xtradecal X72107 sheet.

Before:

20190118_134436.jpg

After:

20190323_155658.jpg

20190323_155825.jpg

20190323_155725.jpg

20190323_155740.jpg

Edited by pizzapaolo
  • Like 45

2 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

We're getting some classic kit's in RFI this morning and that's another beautifully finished example.Excellent.

We sure are Steve, perhaps the time is ripe to check out this years GB calendar and see what's around the corner? 

Oh look, the Frog Classic kit GB starts on the 1st of June, who would have thought?? 

Well done @pizzapaolo, there's always room on here for these old kits and even better when they turn out this good. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Went looking but you've left the crew out with the bird in flight???  

Those old Matchbox lads looked fine in the front office back in the day.:)

Like the painted stand too but why not paint it the colour of the terrain she's flying over.......just a thought

Now where can I get my hands on that kit!...........

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Winenut said:

Went looking but you've left the crew out with the bird in flight???  

Those old Matchbox lads looked fine in the front office back in the day.:)

Like the painted stand too but why not paint it the colour of the terrain she's flying over.......just a thought

Now where can I get my hands on that kit!...........

True on the pilots - I kinda made the wheels up choice after canopy went in. To be honest though - they are not the best figures that come with the kit so I don't miss them :) 

For the stand- decided on green just to contrast with the desert colours a bit. Didn't really plan this build at all, just made decisions as I went!

• Like 1

What a beautiful Wellington-you’ve really done it justice!  It’s really refreshing to see just what can be accomplished with an old model without having spend a small fortune on resin/brass accessories-most of which can rarely be seen anyway.

• Thanks 1