Sword Lightning F1 (DB)

Hello folks.

This is the Sword F1 kit in 1/72 made to represent XG331, F1 ( Development Batch) when it went out to Khormaksar, Aden in 1961 for tropical trials.

The kit has nice detail and went together reasonably well with no real problems of note. The only issue I had was the canopy not being a very good fit at all and this took some cajoling into place.

Painted in Alclad paints which I find nice to use,the main airframe was done in Chrome and toned down a bit with other colours adding panel variation. Any weathering was kept to an absolute minimum as this was, according to photographs, always clean.

I used the S&M decal sheet for most of the decals, these being opaque on the white of the roundels, I made the F1 decals myself as I did for the Firestreak roundels. S&M had the colour call out wrong, having the panels as dayglo when in fact they should grey .

The stand is temporary and I have the wing lights to paint on and the small aerial atop the canopy to fit but I could not pass up the weather for some outdoor shots.

Thanks for looking.

DSC_0270

DSC_0269

DSC_0268

DSC_0267

DSC_0266

DSC_0265

DSC_0263

DSC_0262

DSC_0261

DSC_0260

• Like 27

Hello,

Excellent finished model.

Sword deserves a big "Thumbs Up"for bringing these very acceptable prized models on the market.

Regards, Orion.

• Like 1