Warhammer Fantasy: The Empire and other WHFB Miniatures.

Kislev Winged Lancers.

Recently I started painting my old Warhammer fantasy figures again and the first to be dusted off were these winged lancers from the old Empire army. They're probably the most eye catching of the Empire cavalry regiments so I wanted to give them a more interesting paint job than I had previously (though I stopped short of the crazy paint horse scheme). 

20190421_093702

20190421_093759

These models are clearly based on Polish winged hussars so red and white seemed the most appropriate choice for the main colours.  The rounded lances were a good opportunity to use the spiral striped design that might look slightly awkward on the hexagonal lances of the heavy cavalry. An old Slavic design was chosen for the shields, and the animal capes I decided to paint as snow leopards despite fearing that it could end up looking slightly 'Cruella de Vil', but it seems to have worked out okay. 

For the next batch and the command group I'll add some different coloured horses into the mix to stop the unit from looking overly identical. 

Snotling and squig.

This is a just-for-fun project that I cooked up from a couple of items that were sitting around in my bitz box, and some green stuff putty. The idea is a foolish snotling gets himself a pet and fancies navinga go at being one of those Squig Netter crews from the Orcs and Goblins army; he'll eventually end up as dinner.

20190421_112632

20190421_112652

20190421_112723

Thanks for looking in,

Ross.

Edited by Ravens
  • Like 14

blast from the past. Haven't seen a squig for quite a while. Lovely.

The Empires troops never where my cup of tea, though your winged lancers are for sure some of the more impressive models.

Do you intend to bring these to the table? I am sure that would be a good looking session.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

blast from the past. Haven't seen a squig for quite a while. Lovely.

The Empires troops never where my cup of tea, though your winged lancers are for sure some of the more impressive models.

Do you intend to bring these to the table? I am sure that would be a good looking session.

I haven't played a game of WHFB since around 4th edition rules - more of a painter/collector nowadays - but there's always the chance I'll play the occasional game at some point in the future.

Cheers,

Ross.

• 2 years later...

Here's a small update on my Empire army. There's a long way to go, but I'm making steady progress.

kjmKnrs.jpg

Regards,

Ross.

• Like 6

• Ravens changed the title to Warhammer Fantasy: The Empire and other WHFB Miniatures.