Junkers Ju-52 Aeroposta Argentina, Italeri 1/72 conversion

On 5/22/2019 at 11:44 AM, Stromness said:

What blue did you use for the Argentinian colours?

Hi there

French Blue is a good option, the color is called "celeste" in Spanish, which is a word associated to coelus, coeli, sky. (think "celestial"). That is, the color of the day sky.

I used Humbrol gloss 48, another good option.

I was born in Argentina and in my life there I have seen any possible variation of "celeste" in flags, cockades, and the like, so don't over-concern too much about that.

I seriously doubt that Manuel Belgrano, the local school textbook hero who "created" the flag, had a Pantone chart at hand in the XIX century ūüėČ

Cheers

• Like 1

Como¬†en ‚ÄěLlorona de azul celeste‚Äú? (Quotacion tampoco triste....pero una canc√≠on muy intensa)

Muchas gracias por ese est√≠mulo, estimado se√Īor! Voy a utilizar la¬†color mencionado en mis proximas aventuras¬†modelisticas.

Salu2 cordiales del Ultima Thule ūüėé

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Stromness said:

Como¬†en ‚ÄěLlorona de azul celeste‚Äú? (Quotacion tampoco triste....pero una canc√≠on muy intensa)

Muchas gracias por ese est√≠mulo, estimado se√Īor! Voy a utilizar la¬†color mencionado en mis proximas aventuras¬†modelisticas.

Salu2 cordiales del Ultima Thule ūüėé

We will both be expelled from BM for introducing foreign languages ! (the do accept Martian, though) 

• Haha 1
Just now, Moa said:

Salu2 cordiales del Ultima Thule

I bet it is a bit like living in Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea?

Do you have sorcerers there?

We do but being¬†aware of Geth‚Äės (intriguing¬†¬†and educating) career example, especially regarding the¬†lessons on unwanted consequences¬†they are thankfully quite ‚Äěreluctant sorcerers‚Äú. Tuition for¬†the academy is high¬†anyway so no danger of wizard inondation....

Most of us are¬†quite content with their attitude though some careless souls occasionally grumble about ‚Äěshouldn‚Äôt be too hard to make¬†us some nicer weather‚Äú .... be careful what you wish for and look¬†at the pole caps....ūüė≥

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Moa said:

We will both be expelled from BM for introducing foreign languages ! (the do accept Martian, though) 

You‚Äėre a man after my heart, dear Moa! ( Can‚Äėt express it properly in Spanish, lamento¬†mucho).

No I‚Äėll go¬†and listen to some life¬†Joan Baez (guess the record) or Gloria Estef√°n (Mi Tierra) to warm my heart.

Northern Lights Observatory, signing off. Good night/ buenas noches/ bonne nuit/Gute Nacht/kalinichta

• Haha 1

Red masked to apply the aluminium color (model and parts), pants also masked:

IMG_3850+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Color applied and model and parts unmasked:

IMG_3852+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Decals soon on that corrugated surface...

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I am afraid this one (and the Anson, and the Aero Commander, all at decaling stage) will be in stasis for a while.

Duty calls, and I will not be able to work on the model, not even in the HP42, for a time.

Some of the decals are on the mail coming my way from Arctic Decals, some are still in production stage, and for the Junkers I already have done the images, but may do the decals myself (mostly regular black lettering) or airbrush the regs, but if the former I still have to buy  a printer since mine kaputed.

In any case, I have to upload another in-progress build (if only dysfunctional, glitchy and super-slow Flickr would work, for a change) and then to hiatus.

Cheers

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Don't keep away too long! 

Martin

Enough to create some dramatic suspense, Martin ūüėČ

43 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Don't keep away too long! 

Martin

Yes. I've become somewhat addicted to your building excellence. I'll be jonesing heavily until your return.

Chris

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

A clear acrylic coat is airbrushed and then the masks are removed:

IMG_4321+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_4322+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 12
1 hour ago, StephenCJ said:

Exquisite Moa.  As Always.

Well, Stephen, some way to go still.

But appreciate the encouragement ūüėČ

As I am dealing now with the assembly of engines, wheels and its ancillaries, it's worth to note that there are some vagaries and sequence conundrums in both areas, plus the usual instructions-induced head-scratching. Too long to explain and detail here, but you are warned, pay attention, and also check the fit before committing. 

• Like 1

A number of small parts are now being painted or masked to apply other colors, among them cowls, props and exhausts:

IMG_4325+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 4

Engine sub-assemblies, rudder and other details are added:

IMG_4366+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 7