Junkers Ju-52 Aeroposta Argentina, Italeri 1/72 conversion

On 5/22/2019 at 11:44 AM, Stromness said:

What blue did you use for the Argentinian colours?

Hi there

French Blue is a good option, the color is called "celeste" in Spanish, which is a word associated to coelus, coeli, sky. (think "celestial"). That is, the color of the day sky.

I used Humbrol gloss 48, another good option.

I was born in Argentina and in my life there I have seen any possible variation of "celeste" in flags, cockades, and the like, so don't over-concern too much about that.

I seriously doubt that Manuel Belgrano, the local school textbook hero who "created" the flag, had a Pantone chart at hand in the XIX century 😉

Cheers

• Like 1

Como en „Llorona de azul celeste“? (Quotacion tampoco triste....pero una cancíon muy intensa)

Muchas gracias por ese estímulo, estimado señor! Voy a utilizar la color mencionado en mis proximas aventuras modelisticas.

Salu2 cordiales del Ultima Thule 😎

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Stromness said:

Como en „Llorona de azul celeste“? (Quotacion tampoco triste....pero una cancíon muy intensa)

Muchas gracias por ese estímulo, estimado señor! Voy a utilizar la color mencionado en mis proximas aventuras modelisticas.

Salu2 cordiales del Ultima Thule 😎

We will both be expelled from BM for introducing foreign languages ! (the do accept Martian, though) 

• Haha 1

We do but being aware of Geth‘s (intriguing  and educating) career example, especially regarding the lessons on unwanted consequences they are thankfully quite „reluctant sorcerers“. Tuition for the academy is high anyway so no danger of wizard inondation....

Most of us are quite content with their attitude though some careless souls occasionally grumble about „shouldn’t be too hard to make us some nicer weather“ .... be careful what you wish for and look at the pole caps....😳

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Moa said:

We will both be expelled from BM for introducing foreign languages ! (the do accept Martian, though) 

You‘re a man after my heart, dear Moa! ( Can‘t express it properly in Spanish, lamento mucho).

No I‘ll go and listen to some life Joan Baez (guess the record) or Gloria Estefán (Mi Tierra) to warm my heart.

Northern Lights Observatory, signing off. Good night/ buenas noches/ bonne nuit/Gute Nacht/kalinichta

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Decals soon on that corrugated surface...

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I am afraid this one (and the Anson, and the Aero Commander, all at decaling stage) will be in stasis for a while.

Duty calls, and I will not be able to work on the model, not even in the HP42, for a time.

Some of the decals are on the mail coming my way from Arctic Decals, some are still in production stage, and for the Junkers I already have done the images, but may do the decals myself (mostly regular black lettering) or airbrush the regs, but if the former I still have to buy  a printer since mine kaputed.

In any case, I have to upload another in-progress build (if only dysfunctional, glitchy and super-slow Flickr would work, for a change) and then to hiatus.

Cheers

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Don't keep away too long! 

Martin

Yes. I've become somewhat addicted to your building excellence. I'll be jonesing heavily until your return.

Chris

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

As I am dealing now with the assembly of engines, wheels and its ancillaries, it's worth to note that there are some vagaries and sequence conundrums in both areas, plus the usual instructions-induced head-scratching. Too long to explain and detail here, but you are warned, pay attention, and also check the fit before committing. 

• Like 1