1/72 Airfix Beaufighter TF.X

9 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

I have visions of a Beaufighter sliding across a table being chased by tweezers carrying a W/T stencil!

Regards,

Adrian

Pretty accurate vision that Adrian. I've got some no slip mat down as a precaution. I'm giving it a good staring at just now to weigh up the viability of the enterprise. 

2 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Gale force...times I'd sooner not remember, especially at meal times, trying to intercept you dinner as it's going past. Glad it's you and not me.

Stuart

With experience I've learnt to intercept other people's. 😁

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

With experience I've learnt to intercept other people's.

And their's me thinking you had you're own cabin with waiter service, you're the captain right? :rofl:

Stuart

• Like 2

That's enough stencils. If I was on dry land I don't think I would be putting them all on, 1/72 black stencils on an Extra Dark Sea Grey aircraft isn't worth the effort in my opinion.

Anyway, here is how it's looking at the moment following a wash with Mig Deep Grey panel line wash and a repair job on the tail wheel. 

This is interesting as this photo taken on the paper towel is a more accurate representation of the colour than the previous ones taken just on my desk.

20190502_154907

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

That's enough stencils. If I was on dry land I don't think I would be putting them all on, 1/72 black stencils on an Extra Dark Sea Grey aircraft isn't worth the effort in my opinion.

Anyway, here is how it's looking at the moment following a wash with Mig Deep Grey panel line wash and a repair job on the tail wheel. 

This is interesting as this photo taken on the paper towel is a more accurate representation of the colour than the previous ones taken just on my desk.

20190502_154907

Wow! That looks great, especially considering you're on a ship in the North Sea. I couldn't do work that good sitting on a chair, on a concrete floor, in my basement.

Chris

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Wow! That looks great, especially considering you're on a ship in the North Sea. I couldn't do work that good sitting on a chair, on a concrete floor, in my basement.

Chris

Thanks very much Chris. Credit to Airfix though, this kit has been a joy to build so far. It certainly helps having a good canvas to work with.

Upper surfaces given a wash......

20190502_200039

• Like 10

Christer, Stuart, thanks very much for the encouragement. 

Today's forecast.....

GALE WARNING

Issued: 03:52 (UTC) on Fri 3 May 2019

Northwesterly severe gale force 9 veering northerly imminent

WIND

Northwest veering north 6 to gale 8, increasing severe gale 9 at times.

SEA STATE

Rough or very rough.

WEATHER

Thundery wintry showers.

VISIBILITY

Good, occasionally poor.

I've just looked out and it's snowing!!!!

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Courageous said:

...how the hell do you get anything done. :idea:Your cabin must be gyroscopically stabilized.

Stuart

I might not today, the plan was to assemble and fit the main landing gear. A decision will be made after a risk assessment. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2 May 2019 at 11:11 AM, AdrianMF said:

I have visions of a Beaufighter sliding across a table being chased by tweezers carrying a W/T stencil!

Regards,

Adrian

Pardon my ignorance but what are "W/T" stencils? I've seen them on warbirds but never really thought about what they mean.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

what are "W/T" stencils?

“Wired Together” tells you that there is an electrical connection between a moving part and the main body of the aircraft, important for preventing static charge build up.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

“Wired Together” tells you that there is an electrical connection between a moving part and the main body of the aircraft, important for preventing static charge build up.

Regards,

Adrian

I thought it meant Wireless transmitter. You learn something new every day.

Edited by Steve27752
  • Like 1

Where on the North Sea are you? Did some hundred trips on the North Sea with the Tor Line Ro-Ro ships between Gothenburg, Immingham and Rotterdam...

Cheers / André