This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

SaminCam

1/72 Airfix Battle of Britain Heinkel He-111

Posted (edited)

Here are the photos of my latest, the 1/72 Airfix He-111 modelled in a Battle of Britain scheme. The kit goes together pretty well and the only things to watch out for are the fit of the wheel bays in the intakes and the fuselage windows. It's got the Eduard interior extras which look lovely but unless you look closely they're pretty hard to see. I also riveted the whole aircraft (which I think was worth the effort) and re-built the wing Pitot from a blunted safety pin and bit of sprue. The paints are airbrushed Tamiya and Mr Color acrylics (I think the Mr Color RLM acrylics look great here) and I've used a combination of Xtradecal BoB and box transfers. The slightly weathered effect came mostly from preshading but I also added some streaks and stains with white, black and brown artists oils. Finally, the white-pink bars on the wing and tail are based on the photo at the end where it appears that the Luftwaffe were about as a good at masking carefully as I am! The RFI is here: 

Thanks to everyone who looked in and helped along the way, enjoy! Sam

47597435082_a546d50796_c.jpg

47597434492_fca73bd598_c.jpg 

47597431922_c4de1850b1_z.jpg

47597432462_91bb8835be_z.jpg

47597431102_4db15dafe2_z.jpg

47597433502_52125e37a1_z.jpg

40437566973_e1a1e58576.jpg 

Edited by SaminCam
Trying to fix broken photos

Great result, I enjoyed the WIP on this.

She's turned out great!

I have a few others to get out of the way before I get back to mine, but it will be done!

Ian

Splendid, Sam!  I think the amount of weathering is spot on, and great job of replicating the overspray of the white bands on the wing.

Cheers,

Mark

Fantastic Heinkel 111 Sam - always been one of my favourite luftwaffe aircraft and you've done the type proud. Also the attention to historical detail by adding in the overspray on the wing markings is genius. Well done :clap:

Looks fantastic. I can only echo what others have said about the overspray area, it really adds that extra appeal.

Excellent build. The preshading worked very well on this one. 

What the others have said- best He-111 I have seen in quite a while, and I applaud your choice of markings. Now you need a Ju-88A with the same ID bars to go with this one!

Mike

Outstanding Sam!!!!!!

Thanks everyone, glad you liked her! I'm planning on doing some more German WW2 aircraft, Ju87 and Fw190 are top of the list, but current project is a parallel build of a 1980s Harrier GR3 and F-35B. Cheers, Sam 

Wow... Nice job Sam. Great looking 111. It looks so crisp. Looking forward to seeing your Stuka when you get around to it. 👍

Brilliant work Sam - she came out great. Gotta love the riveting - adds so much to the model. All up a very nice bit of modeling 😁

Superb build, the RLM colours look spot on.  Very nice touch with the over spray.

looks really nice

Having a keen interest in all matters relating to The BoB, I must commend your work on this lovely He-111.

It certainly attests to your building and painting skills.

Great work!

👍

Wonderful build, really looks the part 

Wooowww!! 

Great work! I like it :clap:

In my personal opinion, this is the best german bomber of the WWII.

Interesting the overspray on the white stripes... I had never seen them before