Help, please, with SU-27 AM Decals

MR2Don

I have purchased a Hobbyboss 1/48 SU-27 Flanker B (kit 81711). I want to finish it as Ukranian, the kit has Russian decals only. Looking round Google, there appear to be a few issues with AM decals.

1 - Begemot has a set (48-005) that includes Ukranian decals, but it seems to be unavailable from anywhere.

2 - Foxbot has a set (48-009A) which is Ukranian and has digital camo masks, but I've seen references to it that say "for Trumpeter/Academy". There is also 48-026A, again stating "Trumpeter/Academy" which Hannants have got.

So, mainly on the second option:

Does anybody know if the Trumpeter/Academy kits are different enough to the Hobbyboss one that the masks won't work? They're all the same aircraft to the same scale, and, as far as I can see, approached the same way, i.e. complete wing/fuselage sections.

I've seen an Ebay listing for the Trumpeter one that quotes the same kit number as the Hobbyboss - are they the same kit?

Anybody know what the issue is with Begemot?

Edited by MR2Don
Additional info

• 4 weeks later...

1) The begemot sheet is available from various sellers on ebay. Or one Russian store I buy from frequently, they do ship international and accept paypal: https://i-modelist.ru/goods/205/475/479/1337.html

2) I have no experience with foxbot. But the thing is Trumpeter and Hobbyboss are sister companies offshoots from Wasan Plastic Co, like saying Chevy and GM are related, or Chrysler and Dodge. So basically Trumpeter 1:32, 1:72 and HobbyBoss 1:48 su-27 are re-scales of the same design although with a few design tweaks for their scales. They must have mixed Hobbyboss with Trumpeter. On the other hand the numerals and roundels from the decals won't be a problem the digital camo mask might not fit if they're designed to fit one kit. the HB/Trump one is closer to the real to scale measurements of the plane while the Academy  kit the length of the fuselage is short by almost an inch iirc which mess up with all proportions.

Thanks, Inquisitor. I've gone with Foxbot decals, two sets which give me Ukrainian plus numbers for Blue 58 (helpful as it appears to be the most photogenic Ukrainian SU-27). I've also got digital camo masks, but for a two seater, so I'll need to see how much modification may be needed for a single. None used yet (not at that stage) but I will be happy to report on my experience - good or bad.

Have had one near catastrophy with this kit. I split out the pivot yoke piece of the front cart to check its fit in the well/fuselage as I didn't want to fit it at the early stage suggested. However...I've lost the (censored) thing, seriously can't find it anywhere. I think, hopefully, I can scratch one from styrene strip/tube, time will tell.