What-if Airlines

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not a fan of "What Ifs" myself but I once saw a Revell C17 finished in DHL colours like this A300 which was eye-catching to say the least. I suppose it was also just about plausible since there is a long history of freight operators buying up surplus military aircraft and the Hercules and Short Belfast occasionally appeared in civil livery

• Like 1

On 22/09/2019 at 12:13, Skodadriver said:

Not a fan of "What Ifs" myself but I once saw a Revell C17 finished in DHL colours like this A300 which was eye-catching to say the least. I suppose it was also just about plausible since there is a long history of freight operators buying up surplus military aircraft and the Hercules and Short Belfast occasionally appeared in civil livery

I do like the Draw Decal 'Flight of Fancy' schemes myself. You best stay away from the Airline Empires game which is full of 'what if' airlines with some amazing artwork and background stories. I stumbled upon Airline Empires in a search on Google for British Atlantic and then I did a search for Airline Empires 747 and I was very pleased with what I found.

I originally started this topic to see what advice I could get to make my fictional and semi fictional airliners look convincing

You probably won't be too keen on my fleet which, so far, will be;-

1. Airbus A380-800 as either Virgin Atlantic or my own Fen Air (dependant on my decal printing experiments)

2. Palair Macedonian Ilyushin il-86 what-if

3. Thai International Airways 747-400 retro

4. Boeing Landor 747-400Y what-if

5. BOAC 747-600 what-if

6. Air NZ 747-8i (all black fuselage) what-if

7. Gulf Air 747-8i/747-Xstretch what-if

8. Airbus A380 Green Phoenix (another of my own crazy ideas).

As you can see the nearest most of my fleet is going to get to authentic will be the window decals from Kurt!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2019 at 21:40, Abandoned Project said:

I originally started this topic to see what advice I could get to make my fictional and semi fictional airliners look convincing

2. Palair Macedonian Ilyushin il-86

I bet that an all red Palair Macedonian (like their Fokker !00) would look great. I always hoped that S7 might paint up one of their Il-86's into the two tone green scheme, but they were retired before that could happen.

Dave

• Like 1

In the dim and distant past AHS made decals for an imaginary red Palair Macedonian DC-10. It might be possible to adapt them to the IL-86 although it never occurred to me to try.

I think I've still got a set somewhere if anybody wants to take them off my hands.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

In the dim and distant past AHS made decals for an imaginary red Palair Macedonian DC-10. It might be possible to adapt them to the IL-86 

That promotional postcard with the DC-10 was inspiration for me, and then finding that Hannants were clearing out their stock of AHS decals for the Palair Macedonian scheme made it possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I really like the KLM style but I believe a cheat line below the green on the fuselage would add some character. I initially thought silver but I think a rich yellow would look very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I really like the KLM style but I believe a cheat line below the green on the fuselage would add some character. I initially thought silver but I think a rich yellow would look very nice.

Possibly gold? I think you're on to something. Cheers for that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Looking ahead to a(hypothetical) independent Scotland and its own national airline, I've got (for now) an Airbus A350

What about resurrecting the Highland Express livery? Gotta love that Saltire on the tail!

• Like 1

@Beermonster1958 , @SAT69 how about this?

spacer.png

starting to look very PIA/Aer Lingus/KLM crossover. The tail logo is just a gold disc over the green tail as opposed to my normal green phoenix on a gold background as I realised I had never done this and seeing as I am just playing with paint to experiment with ideas I thought i would try it out.

• Like 2