Need help choosing the correct decals for a fake BoB Spitfire 22 in 1:48

Sturmovik

If you already have the kit it would take you about 5 minutes to cut out some simple letter shapes and try them on the fuselage to see how they look regarding size. Then use the one that looks ‘right’ to determine what scale decal size you need. For instance if a test letter 3/4” high looks best, then in 1/48 that would be a 36” letter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuck1945 said:

If you already have the kit

Wish I had, I'm planning to buy the kit and the decals this June when I travel to London, that's why I want to know which sheets to buy beforehand.

12 hours ago, Chuck1945 said:

If you already have the kit it would take you about 5 minutes to cut out some simple letter shapes and try them on the fuselage to see how they look regarding size. Then use the one that looks ‘right’ to determine what scale decal size you need. For instance if a test letter 3/4” high looks best, then in 1/48 that would be a 36” letter

This is the best practical solution, possibly supplemented by putting any mainstream B of B Spitfire or Hurricane (or Defiant or whatever) sheet on the copier and scaling it up and down to give you things to cut out and try in position.