This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Kallisti

Studio Scale (1:24) Angel Interceptor from Captain Scarlet

With the weather improving this weekend, some progress has been made...

First off the nose has been glued to the fuselage using epoxy glue:

DSC_2759.JPG

Bit of a gap at the top but that can be filled. next the mesh has been attached to the tail front section

DSC_2762.JPG

I've deliberately left the bottom part off as this needs to sit flush with the fuselage to fit

DSC_2764.JPG

DSC_2763.JPG

The engine exhaust has been given a coat of Halfords Aluminium - i LOVE this paint!

DSC_2765.JPG

Its beginnign to come together!!

DSC_2766.JPG

As I said earlier, filling the gap would not be difficult...

DSC_2767.JPG

All those voids, holes and gaps noted previosuly have also been filled and sanded and are looking okay - I think!

DSC_2768.JPG

Other wing...

DSC_2769.JPG

Tail

DSC_2770.JPG

Finally for this update, the instrument panel has had dials added via Airscale 1:24 Modern jets set

DSC_2773.JPG

I've glued the front of the tail to the back of the tail this afternoon - there will be a big gap dues to the steel mesh but thats what P38 was invented for wasn't it :) More later...

Posted (edited)

This will be my last update for a short while as I have to go into hospital tomorrow for a minor hernia repair operation, so that means it'll be a couple of weeks probably before I can get back into the swing of things. Anyway the finaly update from yesterday's work is all good... First off the tail. I forgot to take a pic of the two parts of the tail joined but showing the large gap caused by the wire mesh. However, after some P38 and sanding it ended up looking like this:

DSC_2775.JPG

You can see from the filler how big the gap was! The darker patches aren't gaps, just where the superglue acted as a filler rather than P38 :) From the other side:

DSC_2774.JPG

After the nose sanding from earlier in the day, I gave it a coat of filler primer - you can'tr see it well on the pic but there is a visible indent along the joint.

DSC_2776.JPG

So it was out with the P38 again and after a while, it was sanded back again to give this:

DSC_2777.JPG

DSC_2778.JPG

Then one final blast with the primer and all is well!

DSC_2780.JPG

Back in a couple of weeks all being well!

Edited by Kallisti

I'm not surprised you've got a Hernia moving that thing about!

Best wishes and we eagerly anticipate your return.