Mirage Hobby PZL-23B Karas 1:48

My finished Mirage Hobby PZL-23B Karas ; nice model but really over-engineered with a lot of small parts, details and difficult-to-assembly parts, most of the interior required a lot of job and finally is half hidden 😒 .  Because i'm a masochist i used also the p.e. Eduard detail set 😫.

I had two 'poetic license' : the spat on the undercarriage, not present in the real plane and the wood propeller not painted in black.  The kit instruction are not exaustive and referred only to Vallejo colours; it took me a lot of research to find Humbrol equivalent.  The upperside khaki is a blend of Revell colours ( 6 x 381 Semigloss Brown RAL 8001 / 1 x Flat Bronze Green RAL 6031 / 1 x Gloss Emerald Green RAL 6029 ).

The decals are from the box, really beautiful but thin and requiring a lot of care to be positioned correctly.  The model is of a plane of the 21st Bomber Flight of Bomber Brigade at Cracow in September 1939

r.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmCWwJ77

• Like 5

Very good result, I will said really excellent if the prop was be black :). 

In particular I like very much your variant of Polish "khaki" - this is very close to my "internal standard" of this colour , so to say - how I think it should look like!  It has a  bit  complicated prescription to follow... But thank you for giving it.

Best regards and greetings from Cracow!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

4 hours ago, JWM said:

Very good result, I will said really excellent if the prop was be black :). 

In particular I like very much your variant of Polish "khaki" - this is very close to my "internal standard" of this colour , so to say - how I think it should look like!  It has a  bit  complicated prescription to follow... But thank you for giving it.

Best regards and greetings from Cracow!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

I spent time trying to achieve a decent wood finish on the propeller, only to discover later the original was black painted  😂

r.

3 hours ago, bertopinal said:

I spent time trying to achieve a decent wood finish on the propeller, only to discover later the original was black painted  😂

r.

That is life! It is painful, but thanks god it does not last for long :) 

More seriously here is nice close-up of  machine prepared for some exhibition (so for sure more clean than regular one)

NDVD_043.jpg

regards

J-W 

• Like 2