Classic Clips from tv and film.

Vince1159

51 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Sorry Pete,think Italian and in LA....

Not Hugo Pepperoni and the great pizza heist?

No, I knew you meant Columbo but I don't remember it that well, so I had to google it. Rosebud was the attack word for two Dobermans in one episode.

Also connected to an Orson Welles film. However, I did find out that Patrick McGoohan directed five Columbo episodes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Not Hugo Pepperoni and the great pizza heist?

No, I knew you meant Columbo but I don't remember it that well, so I had to google it. Rosebud was the attack word for two Dobermans in one episode.

Also connected to an Orson Welles film. However, I did find out that Patrick McGoohan directed five Columbo episodes.

That's the one  'How to Dial a Murder' :yes:,...The gate with RoseBud is shown at the end of the episode....

Taliking about Patrick McGoohan,i never realised until a few months ago he was in 'Hell Drivers'....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Talking about Patrick McGoohan,i never realised until a few months ago he was in 'Hell Drivers'....

As were Sean Connery and William Hartnell (amongst others).

One of my favourite British movies from the time.

• Like 1

I recalled this scene from The Victors. I heard somewhere that Frank Sinatra agreed to waive any royalty from the use of his song given the powerful juxtaposition of his Christmas carol and the scene portrayed 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When George MacDonald Fraser was serving in the 14th Army in Burma, he loaned a copy of Henry V to his section commander.  When he returned it, he asked Fraser if Shakespeare had ever been in the army.  Apparently he thought that this scene could only have been written by someone who had been a soldier, and had spent a night before a battle thinking of what was to come.  An interesting thought.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...