Classic Clips from tv and film.

Vince1159

2 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

And when this movie came out we had two cinemas in my town and one of these theatres played this movie exclusively nearly for fifteen months...Got boring quite quickly...

I'm not surprised,wasn't Robin Hood Prince of Theives similar,i remember Bryan Adams song was at #1 for what seemed years....

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I've never seen this film (ebay here i come),but just watch how they're studying and anticipating each others move,fantastic...

Watching this clip here reminded me of the light sabre fight between Vader and Kenobi in Star Wars IV that was shown at my local cinema earlier this evening. Harvey Keitel is definitely a better swordsman than both Vader and Kenobi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

I used to be on the edge of my chair watching this as a kid,eat your heart out modern CGI...

Loved these old Harryhausen movies movies ⚔️

• Like 2

Thinking back to 'Robin Hood, Prince of Theives', isn't that the one where he lands on the South Coast and ends up in Nottingham the same evening? Presumably by getting a train up to London Victoria or Waterloo, going on the Tube and then catching an HST on the Midland Mainline from St Pancras. 

Also as I am from said city, the people that made the film could have least looked at a picture or map to see what the landscape looked like (I know, being picky, but for heavens sake, at least try to act as if you cared). 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

Thinking back to 'Robin Hood, Prince of Theives', isn't that the one where he lands on the South Coast and ends up in Nottingham the same evening? Presumably by getting a train up to London Victoria or Waterloo, going on the Tube and then catching an HST on the Midland Mainline from St Pancras. 

No, he didn't go straight to Nottingham.  He must have had a rover ticket because he goes up to Hadrians Wall first and has a fight, then he goes to the Yorkshire Dales, Aysgarth Falls where he bumps into Little John before finally getting to Nottingham.  It's not my favorite film, I was stuck for a few days in Oman in 2000 and this film was on repeat play on the only english speaking channel in the hotel. Agggghhhh!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, Mick4350 said:

Watching this clip here reminded me of the light sabre fight between Vader and Kenobi in Star Wars IV that was shown at my local cinema earlier this evening. Harvey Keitel is definitely a better swordsman than both Vader and Kenobi.

For the first Star Wars films the fight arranging was done by Prof. Bob Anderson.  Bob Anderson was ex GB Fencer & Team coach, he could fight all three weapons equally well right or left handed.  He was a very good coach and was my coach for a while.  

During the filming Dave Prowse could not learn the fights, so the decision was made to put Prof. Anderson, who was as tall as Prowse, into the Darth Vader suit with a bunch of padding, to shoot the fight scenes.  All this was to be kept secret.  So good as Harvey Keitel was in the Duelists, my money would have been Prof Anderson in a duel...

Incidentally, as I was coached by a Sith Dark Lord does that make me a Sith Lord..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Anderson_(fencer)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Nottingham? But surely @Mr TRobin Hood was a Yorkshireman! 😁

Regards,

Steve

That's what Mrs T is always telling me. He might have had the odd excursion into Yorkshire, which until Elizabethan times, was considered largely to be uncivilised, but his main adversary was Alan Rickman. 

On a more scholarly note, the earliest stories around Robin Hood are centred around West and South Yorkshire. 

I forgot about his trips to Hadrian Wall and Aysgarth Falls, perhaps he charted a helicopter as even pre war he would have struggled to do all those places on the train in a day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On freeview TV is a channel called Talking Pictures. On Sunday evening they showed an episode of the Richard Green TV series Robin Hood.

Well, the best that can be said was that in the early sixties we were young, didn't know any better, and there was nothing else on anyway! 🏹

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2020 at 8:03 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

On freeview TV is a channel called Talking Pictures. On Sunday evening they showed an episode of the Richard Green TV series Robin Hood.

Well, the best that can be said was that in the early sixties we were young, didn't know any better, and there was nothing else on anyway! 🏹

I remember that, I was very young too.  Whatever you can say about it, it was better then the 'Richard the Lionheart' series that came a little later.  

• Like 2

Since Gerry is in the room.....

it was always a source of wonder to me that Moonbase Alpha had an unlimited supply of Eagles. IIRC in one episode they trashed a whole hangar full of them!

Trevor

• Like 3