Classic Clips from tv and film.

Vince1159

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

That's brilliant fatfingers thanks for posting it,found this one as well...

Funnily enough i watched that this morning and was going to post it up! What a lucky bloke Mr Hinton was.... wife shared his hobby and dressed up to boot! 😀

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Funnily enough i watched that this morning and was going to post it up! What a lucky bloke Mr Hinton was.... wife shared his hobby and dressed up to boot! 😀

Regards,

Steve

Being Pathe do you know if they were shown in cinemas before a film or during the interval?...

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Being Pathe do you know if they were shown in cinemas before a film or during the interval?...

I think so, but a fair bit before my time! I do remember the intervals when i was a nipper in the 70's when the lady stood at the front with choc ices and such. Along with the dodgy adverts for the Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant 'not 5 minutes from this theatre' 

Regards,

Steve 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

A cinema in East Belfast, The Strand, which still exists was in a time-warp in the 1970s, until about 1973/4. 

News films, including Pathe News, were still being produced then as not many, certainly in Belfast, could afford televisions

The Strand showed about 30 minutes of news film about mid-morning, lunchtime and about 2pm every weekday, and only once, about 4pm, on Saturday, between the children getting kicked out and the cinema getting ready for the evening main feature film(s)

The main children's type films started at about 3pm and the main films started at about 6.30pm, with usually two showings of the main feature on weekdays

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks fatfingers and Black Knight,i remember the girls with the ice creams and drinks and the Saturday morning Matinee's for kids and going in the afternoon or evening to see Jaws/Shout an the Devil/Watership Down etc,good days they were.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Along with the dodgy adverts for the Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant 'not 5 minutes from this theatre' 

Did you notice that wherever you went, the restaurants and staff always looked the same?!

Trevor

• Haha 3

The Charge of the Light Brigade was a film that had more than it's fair share of errors, but did have the inspired casting of Trevor Howard and Harry Andrews as Lords Cardigan and Lucan, here roundly abusing each other.  

• Like 2

L.A Story gets a lot of knocks but if you've seen it it's another feel good film like Local Hero....After a prediction by the sign post Steve Martin talked to that the weather would change his life twice,it came true...