Classic Clips from tv and film.

Vince1159

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

The last clip breaks my heart everytime i see it but it annoys (another phrase is available) me big time that she sings in German and the French have American accents...

Me too, but what I also noticed was how many old soldiers there were.  Did the French army really have infantrymen that old in the First World War?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, Vince1159 said:

I've always enjoyed 'Waterloo', not least because a few years ago my daughter did our family history and discovered we were related to someone present at the battle, and who is shown in the film.  He's the chap who calls on the French square to surrender and is rewarded with a rude word from General Cambronne.  According to the cast list this is Colonel Colborn, although he does seem to be in the wrong place, in the film appearing to be one of Wellington's staff officers.  In reality Colborn commanded the 52nd Foot, which broke the Imperial Guard and thus won the battle.  (Other versions of history are available!)  Christopher Plummer was excellent as Wellington.

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 2

Great family history 593,i agree about Christopher Plummer as Wellington (I also think Rod Steiger made a great Napoleon) everytime i watch Charge of the Light Brigade and the statue of Wellington is wheeled past the office window i always think of Christopher Plummer,the likeness is very close,he also made a fantastic Sherlock Holmes in Murder By Decree....

• 3 weeks later...