Classic Clips from tv and film.

Vince1159

15 hours ago, 593jones said:

Great interview, Shelby Foote was a great talker.  I have a copy of 'Stars In Their Courses', a superb book.

I've been tempted for a long time to get his 3 volume narrative on the Civil War but i can't convince myself that i'll ever read them all...

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I've been tempted for a long time to get his 3 volume narrative on the Civil War but i can't convince myself that i'll ever read them all...

Same here, they are big books, but judging from 'Stars In Their Courses', the writing will be superb.  I have seen sets on ebay for affordable prices, but I doubt I'd live long enough!

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, 593jones said:

Same here, they are big books, but judging from 'Stars In Their Courses', the writing will be superb.  I have seen sets on ebay for affordable prices, but I doubt I'd live long enough!

I had a look earlier and there was the set in the UK for £60 but most are from the US...

(i hope this doesn't offend anyone but i'm going to leave these,one for each)..

:poppy: :poppy:

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 2:51 PM, RAF4EVER said:

Always liked The Field Gun race

My father in law trained for the gun run for the 1963 Royal Tournament. Never got to take part though as he injured his knee playing footie a couple of days before hand. He said it was one if the hardest things he did in the Navy! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Available to purchase on Amazon  for £5.69 under its alternative title :The Fighter Pilot.

Thanks,just found this i'm pretty sure it's the same film this is the same music but seems to be more land based than your Kamikaze clip...

On 9/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, Vince1159 said:

I absolute love that movie, saw it twice at the cinema and have it on blu-ray which I watch on a  regular basis. But it seems to be a marmite movie as friends hate it. 

Graham

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:45 PM, Vince1159 said:

"Who taught you to drive,Evel Kenivel",you'd have thought Regan and Carter would've apreciated a good wheelman...

No wonder you can’t get a decent secondhand Jag!

Good job there are piles of empty cardboard boxes everywhere.

Graham

• Haha 2

On 1/2/2022 at 2:34 PM, GrahamS said:

No wonder you can’t get a decent secondhand Jag!

Good job there are piles of empty cardboard boxes everywhere.

John Thaw later used one for driving around Oxford though. The boxes? It was pre-recycling days. They were everywhere back then.

• Haha 2