Classic Clips from tv and film.

Vince1159

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Sadly blocked here in Blighty Vince.

Simon.

It's Eric and Ernie for crying out loud!,i'll try another one...I'll change this for this one so they're not doubled up...

Let me know if this one works Simon...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Haha 2

On 11/29/2020 at 3:20 PM, Vince1159 said:

It's Eric and Ernie for crying out loud!,i'll try another one...I'll change this for this one so they're not doubled up...

Let me know if this one works Simon...

Works in the People's Republic of South Yorkshire!

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Have you seen God's Gun with Lee Van Cleef and Jack Palance,if you're not to strict about the "good" part 593 it's worth watching...

No, I haven't come across that one, but any film with Lee Van Cleef and Jack Palance is worth a look.  Thanks for the heads up  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Not a clip but a full movie i stumbled across today...

Was made with the full co-operation of the Canadian Armed Forces at Camp Borden. Lots of great footage of Centurion tanks and M113 APC's. Not a brilliant film but fairly enjoyable non the less. Peter O'Toole and Donald Pleasance also make an appearence! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

Just watched this..... now this is a great drama from the days when the BBC produced such things! 

Never seen or heard of it before and really glad i watched it.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Classic and important piece of wartime cinema which had quite an impact along with Noel Cowards “In which we serve” and “Mrs Miniver”.  The former has a most wonderful speech by Celia Johnson which I find quite unusual and moving and the latter had several Oscars  All 3 movies made in 1942 and contemporary 

• Like 5

One of the channels has started a rerun of Minder. It's still a bit of fun.

Plus, old cars and the banter between George Cole and Dennis Waterman.

And, you never know who is going to pop up as the Baddie or the Girl for Terry to chase.

Large VAT, Dave. On the slate.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, Vince1159 said:

That was a great film, I think Jack Higgins must have enjoyed it as well as The Eagle Has Landed bears some remarkable similarities!

I always enjoy Mervyn Johns' performances, especially in Dead of Night as the haunted architect, Walter Craig.

• Like 3

I watched Steve McQueen in Le Mans on BBC2 this afternoon. It's fifty years old. I still enjoy it.

Here's one from the 'Dust' series of short Sci fi films on the tube. Timothy Spall. It's well worth watching. Just 13 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIKaRigsL44

• Like 1