Classic Clips from tv and film.

Vince1159

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Along with this one...

I've always thought that was a better film than it was given credit for, apart from Burt Lancaster, who appeared to think he was in a comedy (there couldn't really be any other reason for that accent could there?)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 593jones said:

I've always thought that was a better film than it was given credit for, apart from Burt Lancaster, who appeared to think he was in a comedy (there couldn't really be any other reason for that accent could there?)

I know,i could never understand why they couldn't get someone else play the part,he just didn't fit in the film because everybody knew he was American....

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

I know,i could never understand why they couldn't get someone else play the part,he just didn't fit in the film because everybody knew he was American....

It always helps a film to have a big name in the cast, good for the box office, and never mind the suitability of the actor concerned.  I suppose I shouldn't blame Lancaster, it was just a job for him and I don't suppose he did any research for the part.  Colonel Durnford, born in Ireland, of course he's going to sound like Paddy McGinty, why wouldn't he?   Still, everyone else did a good job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

My favourite scene from one of my favourite films

I've got it on dvd and it's a brilliant film...Best scene from one of my favourites is this...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

I've got it on dvd and it's a brilliant film...Best scene from one of my favourites is this...

The irony of an Irishman playing Cromwell....

Not a film I’ve seen but I’ll check it out.

Trevor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vince1159 said:

I've got this one in my collection as well,it's surprising how many people i know don't like it (their loss,it's brilliant)...

Indeed, I much prefer it to the Olivier version, that was very theatrical, the Branagh version was much more realistic, Agincourt wasn't fought on a bright sunny day!  Branagh's bedraggled army trudging through the mud was much closer to what really happened.  Probably the best version (so far!).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

This is another good film Trevor,although not quite as good as Cromwell (To Kill A King)...

You’re adding to my queue of films to see. The ‘stash’ resembles my plastic backlog!

Trevor

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Some of those old ad's were little gems....

Good choices, but no Hovis? Luton Airport? Martini? Black Magic? No Ologies? Prudential?

Edited by Whofan