Eagle Transporter

I'm not sure that that wouldn't have been quicker, Andrew! 

I've been busy with the command module decalling. I did the underside first to see how the anti glare decals would work...luckily they were a very good fit. Don't know why they didn't include any decals for the blacked out underside windows though - I had to mask and spray those:

trans29_zpss49b2gkb.jpg

Then I finished off the top side:

trans27_zpsqhngqckl.jpg

trans28_zpsvvnkduxj.jpg

The inside won't be seen much through the tiny windows, so this is probably sufficient:

trans30_zpsbhbu2r4w.jpg

I've got the decals on the engines too, but I haven't taken photos of that until the plumbing is all connected up. Current decal count - 324, and a few more coloured bands to go on the spine yet!

Getting there,

Dean

• Like 7

Right, progress...

I finished off the decalling on the command module and gave it a coat of matt varnish. I unmasked the windows and all seemed well, so I added the metallic discs and called it quits:

trans31_zpshav5ukbl.jpg

I weathered the landing pads, and gave the suspension struts a foil coating to make them shiny silver:

trans32_zpsworxpb8k.jpg

Added to the shoulder pods, they look like this:

trans34_zps6sembh4l.jpg

Then I started to assemble the front and rear walkways to the spine:

trans33_zps0vbmkvff.jpg

Adding the landing pods gives you this:

trans35_zpstystu0lu.jpg

Am I alone in thinking that this reminds me of those load carrying robots being developed by Boston Dynamics..?

trans38_zpszfvstw3v.jpg

Then it was time to get the engines together:

trans36_zpsz2n86dnc.jpg

trans37_zpsfpmpfpyb.jpg

I added the engines to the rear, and installed the passenger pod last night...and I came up with an idea for disguising those ugly black Phillips screws which hold it in position too. I'll let you know if it works! So final assembly awaits, and at the last count I'm down to ten more parts to add before I sign off on this one. Stay tuned for the final reveal...

Dean

• Like 6

Dean... Didn't realize it was called an Eagle....(always called it Space thingy   :) )

It's beautifully done so far  and looking quite  COOL.

MY  kinda  of Space Sci-Fi.

Keep up the AWESOME work.

:wow:

Thanks chaps.

I came up with the idea of disguising the two screw heads which secure the passenger pod in place by using a couple of domed pieces left over from the construction. I hollowed out the rears and they're just the right size to go over the screw heads. They're not strictly accurate, but amongst all the other greeblies they don't look out of place, especially since there are eight others just like them scattered around the model! It's the dome in the centre of the pic here - 

transweb10_zpszlbsjxhi.jpg

And with that, it's finished. I'll do some decent shots soon, but for the moment, here's a teaser:

transweb4_zps8ja2gyq4.jpg

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1