Vietnam GB Chat

trickyrich

16 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

I would like to join this GB with the new 1/48 ICM Cessna Skymaster 0-2

A very welcome addition to the GB, think thats all the FAC's covered now.

18 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

I have ordered it from Hannants tonight, so I most likely won't start till November

Hopefully Hannants and Royal Mail will be a little faster than that!

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

A very welcome addition to the GB, think thats all the FAC's covered now.

Hopefully Hannants and Royal Mail will be a little faster than that!

To many BOB to get done first.

By the way just saw your Trojan thread. That would of been my second build, but I doubt I will have time for that.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

To many BOB to get done first.

By the way just saw your Trojan thread. That would of been my second build, but I doubt I will have time for that.

Understand completely, there are some great GB's this year and they all seem to have come at once!

Its interesting that the less glamorous types such as the FAC's and the COIN aircraft seem to be very popular this year, certainly giving the pointy and supersonic boys a run for there money.

57 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

🙄

I know someoneone in our modelling club who also loves this missile... Think he has almost the complete Hasegawa collection. This aircraft is of no particular interest to me, but we used to fly them, so I have a few to wrap in Belgian colors...

So for a bit of laughter:

118615176_3266956470017456_6486737512260

And silence again..

Definitely one of the nicest schemes in SEA colours.  But not eligible for this GB. Have to wait for Century series GB. 😉

Chris

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

USAF F-104C's flew in Vietnam in the SEA scheme so you could build one of them.

Yes but the C is not as nice looking as the G and there’s something about the Belgian roundel that goes nicely with the SEA scheme. 

Chris

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Yes but the C is not as nice looking as the G and there’s something about the Belgian roundel that goes nicely with the SEA scheme. 

Chris

Apart from the enlarged tail the C is exactly the same as a G, but I agree with you about how good they look in Belgian markings, its a scheme on my to do list.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Apart from the enlarged tail the C is exactly the same as a G...

Well, I could say something to this - but it's not really helpful to this GB if I delve any deeper into that :giggle: 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, JeroenS said:

But, as an outsider, I have to say I really wonder about why you would build so many models of the same aircraft 🙂 ... This helps me to understand 😉 

Not only aircraft Jeroen, tank modelers often build many models of the same tank, different versions of Shermans, Tigers, King Tigers and Panzer IVs are all tanks that I have built several of each. :)

• Like 2

On 27/08/2020 at 20:59, Chrisj2003 said:

I’ll stick with the RB-57E for this as it’s my first GB.  I prefer my F-4s mainly in shades of grey so they fit in better with another GB this year. 😉  ...but if the Cranberry goes quickly and one of the F-4 schemes / multiple decal sheets I want to do is a Vietnam vet.....

Chris

So if the Cranberry goes quickly would this Viet Vet be eligible? (Missouri ANG in 1988, Hill grays, 2 MiG kills)

Chris

spacer.png

• Like 3

....My Name is Rich and I have a problem.............

.......I couldn't help myself and am easily lead astray.......

.........so much so........

........I'm now the new owner (or will be shortly) fo the Zoulei-Mure 1/48th F-4E!!!!!  :wub::yahoo:

....and no WWEMD either! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, bobster said:

Hello! I am wondering if I can include an Airfix 1/72 Skyhawk that is started? I would like to ask if it qualifies as less than 25% completed?

I think that you are just (and only just) under the 25% rule Rob, so unless our glorious leader thinks otherwise I would say you are okay to start a thread.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Down to the one problem are we now?

well the only one my therapist will let me talk about!!  :D

1 hour ago, bobster said:

Hello! I am wondering if I can include an Airfix 1/72 Skyhawk that is started? I would like to ask if it qualifies as less than 25% completed?

Thanks,

Rob

that'll be fine, you still have plenty to do. So start a thread and get to it.....we so need a Skyhawk in this GB!!!

Now we just need a SLUF and all will be good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Now we just need a SLUF and all will be good.

Thanks for reminding me...I still need to get that Furball sheet for the D in the stash w/ the shot/iffy decals.  So maybe I'll grab both the SLUF & Lo-viz Rhino sheets in one shot.

• Like 2