Vietnam GB Chat

trickyrich

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

And that's me (almost) done!     All my builds are complete with photos in their respective build threads.  I will be posting them in the Gallery presently.

Thanks to trickyrich and modelling minion for hosting an excellent GB once again.  :thumbsup:  

And thank you for having taken part, especially with so many great subjects and builds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

And that's me (almost) done!     All my builds are complete with photos in their respective build threads.  I will be posting them in the Gallery presently.

Thanks to trickyrich and modelling minion for hosting an excellent GB once again.  :thumbsup:  

well done my good man, 100% success rate, plus they'll models to be proud of as well!

Been great to have you along, a pleasure as always.

• Like 1

well folks I'm sad to say it's over!

A huge thank you to all those who joined in the build, whether you finished or not, joining in is what makes a GB so much fun.  :clap2:

And a special thank you to my lovely Co-Host  @modelling minion, thank you for all your help and for taking up the slack while I was off in the bush  :thumbsup:  ..... just don't forget to return the drinks trolly!

It was great to see so many builds from different eras and some unusual ones at that, I do hope everyone enjoyed the build, it was a huge pleasure to watch them all progress.

I will try and get the poll up in the next 24hrs with luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Some cracking completed builds out there, unfortunately not one of mine as time was not in my favour! It’s going to be a difficult choice for the vote. Thanks to the GB Mods for keeping a wry eye on things :)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Greg B said:

Some cracking completed builds out there, unfortunately not one of mine as time was not in my favour! It’s going to be a difficult choice for the vote. Thanks to the GB Mods for keeping a wry eye on things :)

Are you going to finish it in this thread or move it to the WIP section? I'm dying to see it finished.

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

And a special thank you to my lovely Co-Host  @modelling minion, thank you for all your help and for taking up the slack while I was off in the bush  :thumbsup:  ..... just don't forget to return the drinks trolly!

Thanks Rich, I have really enjoyed this GB. There has been a great variety in subjects and schemes and what could have been wall to wall USAF  SEA schemes has been anything but including everything from trucks to warships and tanks to airliners, a really inclusive and successful GB.

Thanks to you for proposing the idea and hosting, when you weren't off doing walkabout in the bush, and don't worry the drinks trolley is on it's way back, albeit by surface mail and unsigned for but what could possibly go wrong! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok after a few minor stuff-ups the poll is open!!

Because of the such high standards of the build I decided to give everyone 3 choices to pick as their favourites.

The pol will close automatically (hopefully) on the 6th of January, so don't leave it until the last moment!

Plus there is a prize for the first member to figure out what I stuffed up :whistle:  ......and Enzo isn't allowed to play! :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Plus there is a prize for the first member to figure out what I stuffed up :whistle:  ......and Enzo isn't allowed to play! :D

It wouldn't be that you unlocked the gallery, now would it? 

For the record I abandoned the Ace T-59 and replaced it with a PST T-54A, and did re-title my build thread - for some reason the Poll still shows the T-59!

Pete

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Uneven groups which means a vote in group 3 is worth more than a vote in groups 1 and 2?  “None of the above” being able to  win?

Only 3 votes 😉; I’d forgotten some of the amazing builds that got finished earlier. Very hard to choose just 3. 

Thanks again,

Chris

5 hours ago, JeroenS said:

It wouldn't be that you unlocked the gallery, now would it? 

nup! :D

1 hour ago, PeterB said:

For the record I abandoned the Ace T-59 and replaced it with a PST T-54A, and did re-title my build thread - for some reason the Poll still shows the T-59!

Pete

Yeah...you didn't have a title and I went for the first thing that looked like the name of the tank....too many choices confuse me.

46 minutes ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Uneven groups which means a vote in group 3 is worth more than a vote in groups 1 and 2?  “None of the above” being able to  win?

Only 3 votes 😉; I’d forgotten some of the amazing builds that got finished earlier. Very hard to choose just 3. 

Thanks again,

Chris

Actually you're sort of on track....but you're wrong! :D

Just be thankful I just didn't give you one vote to decide!

3 minutes ago, reini said:

Or @trickyrich spelling my name reiki instead of reini in the first group? :P

:rofl2: my shocking spelling isn't it.......... there needs to be a disclaimer with anything I write/type! :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

nup! :D

Yeah...you didn't have a title and I went for the first thing that looked like the name of the tank....too many choices confuse me.

Actually you're sort of on track....but you're wrong! :D

Just be thankful I just didn't give you one vote to decide!

When you vote "none of the above" in sections 1 and 2 you only have 1 vote left for section 3!

Nah.. that can't be it.. 

Edited by JeroenS

Hi Rich,

Could have sworn I changed the title but not to worry. I have just noticed that in the poll you have me building two Skywarriors but no RB-66 Destroyer, but I know that you must be under a lot of stress running this GB! Time for the odd Tinnie perhaps, or whatever you do to relax😁.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB

On 12/29/2020 at 12:08 AM, trickyrich said:

Did you go the wrong way with the clocks? Closes 5th Jan at 1301 hrs in the UK!

On 12/30/2020 at 9:05 AM, PeterB said:

Hi Rich,

Could have sworn I changed the title but not to worry. I have just noticed that in the poll you have me building two Skywarriors but no RB-66 Destroyer, but I know that you must be under a lot of stress running this GB! Time for the odd Tinnie perhaps, or whatever you do to relax😁.

Cheers

Pete

Arrr yes well it would help if you gave your builds a title, I read to the first name/number and used that. Now fixed.

3 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Did you go the wrong way with the clocks? Closes 5th Jan at 1301 hrs in the UK!

Nah I always stuff up the clock, I had factored that in for the 7 days the poll runs.

I have turned it off, but it will still close at Midnight on the 6th as it should have. Now if all time would just  to EADT (Eastern Aust. Daylight Time) then everything else world workout and run sooooooo much smoother! :D

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Hi...is it my imagination or is my Ki-43 not listed in the poll?

Did I not add it to the gallery?

--John

Hi John, I think you might have as I don't remember seeing it there, plus I had a re-check because I am hopeless at some things, but unfortunately it is not there.

As predicted I did forget to close the poll when it was meant to, but I have now remedied that.

So my last final act of this GB is to announce is that @SoftScience was the most popular build with that wonderfully finished Tamiya 1/48th A-1J Skyraider....well done :thumbsup:

Next your's truly with my monster Fisher Model & Pattern/Trumpeter conversion 1/32nd A-1E Skyraider

....and in joint 3rd @Triet Cam & @DaveJL with their respective Monogram 1/48th A-37B Dragonfly & 1/48th Hobby Boss A-6A Intruder ..... well done guys, both beautifully presented models. :thumbsup:

And that's it, it's over, again a huge thank you to all those that joined in, look forward to see many of you again in the Nordic II GB.

stay safe everyone. 

• Like 5