Vietnam GB Chat

trickyrich

Did someone mention Vietnam?

spacer.png

I just voted. If it's the Navy, it's the Navy in Vietnam! Believe it or not, I was just about to start a topic asking about the most representative US Navy ships to fight in Vietnam and their best scale models. I searched "vietnam" and "ship" and found this post. Should I start such post anyway? So far I can only find Tamiya's 1/350 carrier, New Jersey, and 1/35 PBR.

As you can see, I'm making a Vietnam collection and once I finish all those aircraft, I will build the M48, the M113 and a ship. Other Vietnam models I will build over the years unhurriedly. 

And yes, I know, the A-7 and F-5 in my collection are not Vietnam examples but they're close enough.

• Like 3

very nice collection! :thumbsup:

I hope you voted for the Vietnam GB as well?

There's no harm in raising that question at all, there's bound to be members who will know all the models available.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

That reminds me I now have a F-4J used by VF-31 that would be eligible as well.....but I'll probably stay with the Skyraider.

"Whisper; build 'em all...". Sounds a good choice :thumbsup: "Build 'em all"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Col. said:

"Whisper; build 'em all...". Sounds a good choice :thumbsup: "Build 'em all"

:fuyou_2:  ....is that whispering enough? :D

I have just been watching a movie called "Close Danger - The Battle of Long Tan"!  Gosh what a movie! I don't know much about this action, it was pretty intense! I do know that I had a course Corporal (during recruits) who was a door gunner in Iroquois during this engagement, had some amazing stories!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Long_Tan

• Haha 1

....and we made it folks, we just scraped in, though for a while it was really touch and go!!!

I can't 100% confirm the date for now but I did ask Enzo Chi Minh for that slot.

I've got my build sorted and a backup if I'm having time issues...actually I have a couple of backup plans.

This should be a good GB so start planning you builds as 9 months will go by pretty quick!

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

This is a 'go' for me too.  Helicopters, airplanes...it'll probably be the First Indochina war...all that surplus stuff flown by the French...

that would be great, I do hope to see lots of builds from this and the modern era as well.

There are lots of interesting subject that'll be awesome rather than just the usual stuff from the Vietnam war era.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all. I’m in for this GB with a 1/72 ESCI F-5 Skoshi Tiger. As far as I know the USAF decals in the kit depict one of the aircraft flown in Vietnam. 

Cheers Allan 

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in ...

spacer.png

Now, what to build? Ideally, I'd like to tackle the mighty Italeri AC-119K Stinger, but the logistics might not allow it. In plain English, I'm not sure I'll have the time or the space. We shall see.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...