Vietnam GB Chat

trickyrich

I just checked my attic insulation to see if I have anything I could join with. 

I was hoping there wouldn't be much, and that I'd have an excuse to go buy something. Instead, I may need folks to help me choose

I got in 
1/72

Encore/Academy A-37
Monogram F-105G
Esci F-100

1/48
Promodeler F-4E
Tamiya A-1D
Monogram F-100

1/35
AFV Club M60

Not nearly enough time for all of these.  Help me choose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PinkThorn242 said:

Actually thinking about it I might hold off on the A-4 until the STGB in the new year. So Phantom it is then. Although the Italeri KA-6D did pique my interest too and one of the kit decals is appropriate.

Someone will make this comment anyway so I might as well: you know you want to Build Them All! 🙂 

• Haha 4

On 10/08/2020 at 21:48, klr said:

It was replaced by the OH-6 Cayuse, and that would definitely be on my short list, if the windscreen were not missing ...

These things got shot down a lot so why not build one with slight crash damage? 

I bought the Airfix Bird Dog kit when first it came out, but for some reason did not buy the later O-2 kit. Now both are going for silly money on a certain auction site if you can find them at all - pity!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, PinkThorn242 said:

Actually thinking about it I might hold off on the A-4 until the STGB in the new year.

As the host of the A-4 STGB I think that would be a very wise decision Jenny. :) 

Would you like your name added to the list of members joining in the STGB?

Edited by modelling minion

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

As the host of the A-4 STGB I think that would be a very wise decision Jenny. :) 

Would you like your name added to the list of members joining in the STGB?

I hope you're not try to steal builds for your GB!!!!! :fight:

As Co-Host you should be ashamed of you're self for suggesting that someone should save a model for another GB!!!! :shrug:

@PinkThorn242  is allowed to go buy even more models to join other GB's! :D In fact the only way to beat/fight the dreaded GB disease/syndrome is to buy more models!!

So yes folks we're down to single digits in days to go........well in God's own!!  :tease:

Enzo the Magnificent will move this thread into the active GB section this weekend ready for the following weekends start. I'll post the rules as soon as that happens........or I remember!

So start getting everything ready........and if you can't decide what to build then..........all together...📢  "BUILD THEM ALL!!"  :party:

• Haha 3

This is a long GB, bringing us almost up to Christmas.  I think today I will take an hour and sort through the stash and find an assortment of builds.  I have several on the list so far but I have to sort them out and make sure I know what I'm doing before I announce...😄

• Like 1

This is kind of crazy.  I think I can do it.  However, I might have to add another Mig in there just for balance.  Maybe a Mig-21?  Would the Phantom be alright with US markings?  I think the FG.1 was a UK designation of the American FG.2.  Is this correct?

50221481787_e97a20da99_k_d.jpg

🤪 John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

This is kind of crazy.  I think I can do it.  However, I might have to add another Mig in there just for balance.  Maybe a Mig-21?  Would the Phantom be alright with US markings?  I think the FG.1 was a UK designation of the American FG.2.  Is this correct?

🤪 John

The FG.1 is an entirely different beast from the US Phantoms. Pretty much the entire back end had to be reshaped to take the RR Speys it and the FGR.2 were fitted with.

• Like 3

I'll probably be cracking open the OV-1B on day 1 (maybe day 2).  Found out a buddy of mine has been thinking about trying modeling for years...but never acted on it.  So I'm going to hook him up with a couple kits from the stash along with a "starter kit" of some extra supplies and we're going to have a build day.  This way he can try it out using some of my paints w/o having to invest in a paint supply right out of the gate.  He's been looking for some other hobbies besides gaming & guitars, so we'll see if this fits that void he's looking for.

Now I'm wondering if I have a donatable Vietnam kit and we can do these build days as a tandem build....:hmmm:  Back to the stash tonight!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PinkThorn242 said:

...I may have fallen down a possible rabbit hole with the Eduard MiG-21 as well.

Be very careful with that one.  And keep it isolated.  If left to their own devices they have a nasty habit of multiplying (I had "another" one fall my way from a local club member).  Those and Phantoms.... :whistle:

They are lovely kits though.  And welcome to GBs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, helios16v said:

Be very careful with that one.  And keep it isolated.  If left to their own devices they have a nasty habit of multiplying (I had "another" one fall my way from a local club member).  Those and Phantoms.... :whistle:

They are lovely kits though.

...Ironic given that right now it's looking like a Fishbed and a Phantom build from me.

• Like 2